Guess who was on call with the Trauma service . . .

• that’s pretty gross.
    also several orders of magnitude more dangerous in terms of bacterial infection than eating a steak raw.
    ahhh E. coli 0157 . . .

Hey, the way I see it is that we’re all mammals here… and if a tiger/bear/lion/kangaroo eats raw meat – I sure as hell can! I would eat my sister too, but I hear there’s some pretty nasty diseases you can get from eating your own kind.

• whats really nasty is, there are restaurants that serve raw chicken! my dad actually ate at one. said it was pretty nasty. the nastiest thing I ever ate was probably chicken feet (yes, feet). what does this have to do with the topic? very little. how much do i care? not much. what time is it? 220 am.

• Mmmm… I love chicken feet. Seriously, it’s pretty good if you cook it with soup. :)

But raw chicken, might be pretty nasty with all those feather and what not. Plus a chicken is a dirty animal.

• not to mention raw chicken is very disease causing.

• eh, today, everything will give you cancer and/or radiation in some form or another. :-? Besides, you only live once, so I want to try everything out myself personally (no matter if it’s human flesh or raw beef)

• @TG:

eh, today, everything will give you cancer and/or radiation in some form or another. :-? Besides, you only live once, so I want to try everything out myself personally (no matter if it’s human flesh or raw beef)

ummm . . . it’s not a matter of possibly getting cancer, but more a matter of likely getting a nasty bacteria. Yersinia, E.coli, salmonellae etc. . . . .

http://www.emedicine.com/aaem/topic208.htm
    This is a good site for lay-people interested in topix like food poisoning. I actually find doing a google search with “topic emedicine” (where “topic” is anything from anuria to Zollinger Ellison) gives excellent information written by speciallist/experts in their field and edited by their peers - i.e. other experts.

• other stuff i saw when on call - this one woke me up around 0530 or so and broke my heart.

http://www.canoe.ca/WinnipegNews/ws.ws-08-16-0005.html

• @TG:

I would eat my sister too, but I hear there’s some pretty nasty diseases you can get from eating your own kind.

I thought that was marrying your own kind.

the nastiest thing I ever ate was probably chicken feet (yes, feet).

Nastiest thing I ever ate? Head cheese. Mmmm…brains. :P

eh, today, everything will give you cancer and/or radiation in some form or another. Besides, you only live once, so I want to try everything out myself personally (no matter if it’s human flesh or raw beef)

I second that! :)

• no, supposedly cannibalism can lead to some pretty nasty diseases.

• @Janus1:

no, supposedly cannibalism can lead to some pretty nasty diseases.

Creutzfeldt-Jakob disease and kuru in people, mad cow disease, chronic wasting disease in deer, and scrapie in sheep to name a few.
    All thanks to prions.

• http://www.emedicine.com/aaem/topic208.htm
    This is a good site for lay-people interested in topix like food poisoning. I actually find doing a google search with “topic emedicine” (where “topic” is anything from anuria to Zollinger Ellison) gives excellent information written by speciallist/experts in their field and edited by their peers - i.e. other experts.

Don’t worry, I went over your article CC, and I’ll try to be on the safe side myself whenever I eat raw meat.

I mean look at the cause of most of viruses… feces. I am never going to eat feces. Period.

Bacteria. Mostly because the food was not chilled properly or in human waste. There are some when meat isn’t cooked, but that’s good enough for me to take my chances. :)

Parasites caused by contaminated water. Don’t worry, I never use water that’s been contaminated

I thought that was marrying your own kind

Yeah, that’s what troubled me at first too. If there a difference between eating my sister and eating someone like oh… say, Grigoriy Ivanovitch (that’s what you get for using your real name :wink:)? I mean, if I’m going to eat somebody, I may as well make sure I’m not going to get some Luke-Leia Jedi inbreeding disease going on…

mad cow disease

Yeah, that worries me too… however, would it be the same if say… the meat was pre-cooked first?

• ummmm . . .
    mad cow is not a problem for humans (yet).
    Kuru and CJV however are plain nasty.

(mad cow disease - suffered by women every 25-35 days . . .)

• I apologize in advance for temporarily taking this thread off topic. :)

If there a difference between eating my sister and eating someone like oh… say, Grigoriy Ivanovitch (that’s what you get for using your real name )?

How do you know that’s my real name? It’s also not my translated real name, either. 8) It’s a composite of the two greatest anonymous Russian heroes from my A&A experiences. Ivan is the legendary Russian hero who leads the Soviets into battle against Germany, and Grigoriy is famous for stopping a Japanese advance of 2 arm, 2 inf single-handedly. So there! :P

• @Grigoriy:

I apologize in advance for temporarily taking this thread off topic. :)

If there a difference between eating my sister and eating someone like oh… say, Grigoriy Ivanovitch (that’s what you get for using your real name )?

How do you know that’s my real name? It’s also not my translated real name, either. 8) It’s a composite of the two greatest anonymous Russian heroes from my A&A experiences. Ivan is the legendary Russian hero who leads the Soviets into battle against Germany, and Grigoriy is famous for stopping a Japanese advance of 2 arm, 2 inf single-handedly. So there! :P

i did that . . . the other night on trauma service :P

• How do you know that’s my real name? It’s also not my translated real name, either. It’s a composite of the two greatest anonymous Russian heroes from my A&A experiences. Ivan is the legendary Russian hero who leads the Soviets into battle against Germany, and Grigoriy is famous for stopping a Japanese advance of 2 arm, 2 inf single-handedly. So there!

Me will call you Crazy Ivan then. You see: food = good. fire = bad.
    But seriously, if I’m gonna eat somebody, I’d at least like to know if genetic relationships count.

• @Grigoriy:

@TG:

I would eat my sister too, but I hear there’s some pretty nasty diseases you can get from eating your own kind.

I thought that was marrying your own kind.

With a fast read this brings unpleasant imaginings to the mind’s eye.
    (LJ shivers.)

GI, did you catch my translation of your name(figured it wasn’t the real thing) on another thread here?

• @El:

GI, did you catch my translation of your name(figured it wasn’t the real thing) on another thread here?

Yes, I did. :) I should really stop making stuff up in other languages when I’m still struggling with English. :lol:

Suggested Topics

Axis & Allies Boardgaming Custom Painted Miniatures

Users

Topics

1.7m