• Thats right.Your game.A&A.

So?..what have I been missing?
    Is it ever too late to start?

I’m mainly a civilization2 player but always looking to expand.I prefer a thinking game to ping,ping zap game.Chess over checkers type thing.

Have I got my hands on the right thing in A&A?

comments?

• no we all have been wasting our life playing a stupid game :smile:

nah its a good choice :smile:

[ This Message was edited by: greensleeves on 2001-12-22 02:40 ]

• no we all have been wasting our times playing a stupid game

When I see this I know its pretty decent.Kinda like people in Vancouver that say it always rains :wink:

I have much to learn….

• Great game, if you have any questions just ask at any time.

• On 2001-12-21 23:10, Smash wrote:
    Thats right.Your game.A&A.

So?..what have I been missing?
    Is it ever too late to start?

I’m mainly a civilization2 player but always looking to expand.I prefer a thinking game to ping,ping zap game.Chess over checkers type thing.

Have I got my hands on the right thing in A&A?

comments?

I’ve never played the CD version of A&A, but Christmas is coming. :grin:
    If you prefer chess to checkers, you should probably re-consider that. Being a serious chess player, (rating a shade under 1900) I thought the same thing too. Was I wrong. Checkers isn’t the easy game everyone thinks it is.
    As for being right about A&A? Well, as I stated before I’ve never played the CD version, but the board version is great. I bought it in 1988 or 1989 and have played on and off since then. After playing D&D and various wargames since about 1979, I felt I needed a change. A&A was exactly what I needed at the time. The rules are simple enough and easy to understand and the game is very modifiable. You can tell this just by the number of expansions and scenarios there are for it. Hope you enjoy it.

Regards,
    Jeff

• well, been horsing around against the ai and allready i can see i will need human opponents……eventually.Not yet :grin:

It reminds me alot of Risk.I liked that game so…

There is some nice WW2 footage on the pc version.

• yup after playing a couple of games the 5star computer will get too easy to beat (5 is not much better then 3 so when you managed to beat 3 you can compete with a 5), so you will need to go on the zone or play people on the board game.

I had the board game in 1993 i think (just guessing :smile:) and the computer in about '97 and i learned to play it on the computer game, its much easier to learn on the computer and games dont take as long, which means you can play more games in less time.

• Indeed, I played the computer game for the first time not to long ago and found the AI exceedingly easy to beat.

• If you put Paratroopers on and let the AI live 20 turns it actually can be slightly challenging =)

Suggested Topics

Axis & Allies Boardgaming Custom Painted Miniatures

Users

Topics

1.7m