• … the first three CDs. Just picked it up on ebay.
    Trying too see if the seller will let me pay him for insurance. The info on the ‘bid page’ did not match the info on the ‘I won the bid page.’
    I heard good things about it elsewhere. Most thought the first and third were the beter CDs.

Gotta load W95 in my laptop. I think that will take care of it.

Opinions, please?

• I have “Close Combat: A Bridge Too Far.” It’s ok, I guess. It’s a lot more realistic than other real-time stratagy games such as Command & Conquer, WarCraft, Total Annilation, etc. There such a thing as “line of sight” and “line of fire” at least in “A Bridge Too Far.” All in all, I thought it was an ok game. I don’t think I’ll ever go out and buy the other two games, though. Enjoy!

Jacob

• played the cc3 demo. pretty balanced combat game although it did have an above view compared to a “side view” similiar to age of empires which I personally like better. if you like a game that gets all forms of terrain combat with ww2 and lots of inf types coordinating with tanks and veihcles this is a good game

• Yes Close Combat was ok… i just think that the battlefields are too small, the tanks just kill each other and then the rest of the fighting are inf vs inf.

thats dumb.

No, Combat mission are better, and it let you create your own missions :)

• Personally i think the Close Combat series are the Greatest RTS games ever made

• '19 Moderator

I believe it was this game that I played a long time ago at a friends house. It was the bridge too far edition. The funny part is that a few months earlier I had studied the battle and knew all the allied drop zones.

So I played the Germans :D I moved 88 bateries and panzers in to the DZs just ahead of the landings and slaughtered them!

• Man, dz!! That’s worse than playing both sides of Robert E. Lee with no LOS limit, not upgrading, resupplying, or attacking with the Rebs left in marching formation in the open, and kept awake nights!!! A Yankee victory fershur. :o

• @NatFedMike:

Personally i think the Close Combat series are the Greatest RTS games ever made

agreed…

• Has anyone played Close Combat 4 or 5?

• dead silence… man it is quiet in here… I think they sniff given up on me…

• Man, dz!! That’s worse than playing both sides of Robert E. Lee with no LOS limit, not upgrading, resupplying, or attacking with the Rebs left in marching formation in the open, and kept awake nights!!! A Yankee victory fershur

What in the world are you talking about!?? 8)

Has anyone played Close Combat 4 or 5?

I played Battle of the Bulge before and the Normandy one, which I think were 4 and 5… Never really liked Battle of the Bulge that much and I thought the tanks looked very “cartoony.” Normandy was much better. Enjoyed that game a lot (brings back a lot of the small infantry tactics from CC2) and it had some great detail and steller graphics. My favorite remains CC3 however, due to its ability to purchase units and the great amount of tanks to be found in the game. :)

Suggested Topics

Axis & Allies Boardgaming Custom Painted Miniatures

Users

Topics

1.7m