• Both parties have fatal flaws. And by the way, on the issue of Trial lawyers sewing for so much, if Doctors were trained and regulated right, the Trial lawyers wouldn’t have anything to sue for. I mean, imagine waking up with a sponge or some kind of medical tool inside you.

HA! Something like 1500 cases of doctor’s leaving instruments inside their patients. Now, I’m willing to wager that there’s ALOT more than 1500 suits out there for this kind of stuff. You actually think every suit against doctors are completely legitimate and worth that much money?

• Yanny,

Slander: Liberal Lies about the American Right, Ann Coulter, CHapter Two.

And I got one fact wrong, eight of the eleven richest senators, including the top 4, are democrats, not seven.

• Crypt, The reason for such big judgements is not because our doctors are bad but that the Democrats have left loopholes for multi-million dolar law suits. IT isn’t the suing that is driving it up, but HOW MUCH they can get.

Moses, what are you basing your powerful union theory on? Why do you think the government is more labor friendly in EVERY other industrialized democracy? Look up how much Unions give, look up how little workers vote, look at the fact that most working class Americans are not in Unions.

• Moses, what are you basing your powerful union theory on?

You of all people know that a Union is not a non-profit organization… :-?

Why do you think the government is more labor friendly in EVERY other industrialized democracy? Look up how much Unions give, look up how little workers vote, look at the fact that most working class Americans are not in Unions.

Read Fleecing of America.

BTW, Double posting again? You must be brilliant… :roll:

• Baylor Briefs, Debate Team Negative, Book General Disadvantages to Changing US policy toward Mental Health Care, Page 18.

“Although some would argue that drilling in ANWR would decrease the United State’s need for foreign oil, the reality of the situation is much different. Early estimates of ANWR’s oil supply were inflated. If the United States were to make complete use of ANWR’s oil supply, it would only provide enough oil to decrease oil importation by 2%”

I doubt there is a source more objective than the Baylor Briefs, who provide the offical facts for the National Debate League. Bossk can back me up on that.

Now your source, I’d hardly call that objective.

• @Deviant:Scripter:

Mind you, i’m not sure how (and why) people sue in the states relative to Canada - here our premiums are much lower, and doctors are not sued nearly as often.

Don’t you guys also have a massive government healthcare system? Or am I thinkin of someplace else?

true
    all “medical/hospital” services are paid for by the gov’t. You get the exact same medical care if you are a billionaire in Toronto as a bum in Winnipeg (at least in theory - the billionaire might get a private room . . . )

• @yourbuttocks:

Crypt, The reason for such big judgements is not because our doctors are bad but that the Democrats have left loopholes for multi-million dolar law suits. IT isn’t the suing that is driving it up, but HOW MUCH they can get.

that’s what i figured.
    From what i understand some hospitals in the states go through massive hoops for things like making certain the correct drugs are handed out to the right patients etc.
    As for the “leaving stuff in patients” line - i can’t see that happening here very often. When i’m in the OR the doctor does not have a chance to leave stuff in as counting tools and sponges is the nurse’s job - they take that VERY seriously.

• Yanny, I didn’t doubt that statistic, but the one about the Republicans mainly being financed by Oil

• @Deviant:Scripter:

Don’t you guys also have a massive government healthcare system? Or am I thinkin of someplace else?

By the american standpoint, most european country have a massive governement healthcare system. Canada too. In term of social/economy policies i think Canada is closer to Europe.

• Same book, page 20,

“Recent events worry George Bush’s contributors, as they President Bush is using too much political capital on Economic stimulus, and not spending enough on the defense of V.P. Cheney’s recent scandal. The scandal occured when Cheney met with executives from Enron, the biggest Funder of the Bush-Cheney 2000 ticket last year, and refused to release information on that meeting to Congress after Enron’s recent scandal.”

Suggested Topics

Axis & Allies Boardgaming Custom Painted Miniatures

Users

Topics

1.7m