• Great Britain, UK, England, whatever you guys call it, this country is my all time favorite.

• My favorite country is the sovies. They are the most challenging country to play, and thier future is determined quickly in the game. You need to build a sizeable force to throw the germans out, and to keep japan busy, and then counter attack germany. This takes a real player.

• On 2002-02-19 10:12, Usul513 wrote:
    The key for Japan is to do everything cheaply:
    cheap transports, infantry, subs
    the only expensive things required are fighters and they pay off in the long run.

I usually get a IC and trans in turn one and usually work out for me.

• I have to disagree with you on the IC part with Japan. Putting an IC makes you incredibly vunerable to a British and American IC. Transports will pay off more. The reason is by relying on an IC, your at the same level as your enemy. You’d be surprized how many infantry your transports could get onto the mainland.

• One of my problems with that move is you can bring an entire army with 1 transport. Might be a good idea if you limited it to 4 per turn.

• Well, we see if my strat pays off against SUD, and as of late, it hasn’t :smile:

• The key to strategic bombing is persistence! :wink:

• my favorite is russia, followed by japan. And a small note to TG: the japanese actually had plans to send a fleet to seize control of the suez canal. That’s what i use the japanese fleet for (after pearl harbor): to get a foot into africa and distract the americans there, so they can’t send all they have against germany.

• It sems dis string has frayed a lil!
    I do not realy hav a fav cauz I alwayz play wif difent folks. I like being challenged. If I play with a group it usually includes new people who want to play quickly(impatient) and do their own thing(uncooperative).
    It can be okay if there is at least one newbie on both sides. However, if both are on Allies they have no chance -NEVER HAVE TWO NEWBIES PLAY AXIS!
    It amazes me how most adults do not want to try a new game or expect to be able to play the game immediately with no help (ESPECIALLY NOT READING THE RULES)!

STARTING A NEW TOPIC “What I Hate Most Playing A&A”
    –-------------------------------------------------------------
    (Insert a serious ancient Phoenician military quote here.)
    (Insert a hilarious personal anecdote here.)

• I may not be an armchair general, but invading the Suez Canal seems a little off course. Usually I follow general chronology, meaning after taking Hawaii, I then move to Australia, New Zealand, and from there, either to Alaska, Brazil, Madagascar, and finally to the Middle East.

• Mine’s The Soviet Union.

• Ha nice quote :smile:

The Soviet Union is a great country to play if you have the stomach to handle it. Otherwise, I think I’ll stick to Japan. Japan is really the master country. While all other countries are fine off with the usual buy infantry and stack somewhere, Japan has it’s hands in coordinating the greatest and most effective number of offenses in Asia with limited Air Support and lack of ARM early game. I can formulate strategies for almost any country, but Japan requires the utmost clearheaded thinking to pull off.

• Founder TripleA Admin

This is an old topic but I thought it would be fun to add a poll to it.

• I may sound like i’m waffling a bit, but in the early game I enjoy Germany the most - i don’t know, they seem to be able to do the most killing in the first couple of turns. For the majority of the game (mid-game) Japan for me is the most fun - they get to stomp just about everywhere they feel like. For the precious end-game, prolly the Americans if only 'cuz of the challenge of saving the world.
    Russia - boring. Defend properly or die.
    Britain - too spread out, yet still not many options.

• Well, Japan is my number one for all the reasions Crypt said. I can increase my economy 100% at paint Asia Yellow. Germany is fun, especially for the first few turns (ditto Crypt), but it soon becomes an unbearable agony watching your hordes of inf and ARM melt away against a o punishing array of Allied manpower. Russia and UK, not my style. So there in lies USA, which is always a joy to play as you tip the scales in the Allied favor.

• russias the best, russia then germany

good russian strat^_^
    yeah ive been raised w/ the whole russia restricted so my whole defense is centered around that. for giving up manchuria or whateer the fringe country is by the end of placing new pieces russia isnt going anywhere w/out a fight. yeah no attacks r made but the japanese can be stopped coming through towards russia for 3-4 turns depending on how he reacts.

good us strat^_^
    hey i agree w/ the cant ignore the pacific theatre. yeah the us is obligated to be the rainmaker to the brits and soviets long enough for them to stay alive. t1 a good way to start is bring ur transport to help take out the afrika korps and pushing ur fighters/ bombers to britian. at the same time if they ignore the japs completely it will be a wild fire thats consumed most of asia, australia/ new zealand and depending on how long germany actually holds up africa. ive played tons of games and deeply disheartened saying the faulty us strategy of keeping away from the pacific theatre.
    they americans had a lovely plan during ww2 called island hopping, worked out quite well if i remember right. the sub strat was was good but what u can do after that is 2 battleships and 2 loaded transports island hopping in about 3-4 turns.

ill answer any ?s if ya have any^_^

• i chose japan for overall favorite, but it really depends on who all is playing. guess it would be japan, america, britain, russia, germany (i suck at germany for some reason)

oh, and just found these forums today, while lookin for a cheep/free source of the computer version, since i lost mine.

• I don’t thnk anybody could suck at Russia or Germany (well except for the opening turn). All you do is buy infantry and stack. That’s all there is to it. 8)

• ud be surprised, ive seen a couple games where after the japs move they just restarted the game bc of a faulty russia strat :D

• That’s true about Russia and Germany when you play the computer, but when you play a human player it’s much harder. You need to out-msart the enemy. In the computer game I captured Russia as Germany on the 2nd turn.

Suggested Topics

Axis & Allies Boardgaming Custom Painted Miniatures

Users

Topics

1.7m