Help finding replacement Italian pieces; Global 1940

• Hello everyone, this is my first post on A&A.org!

I am looking to find a replacement set of pieces and markers for Italy in the 1940 game.  Any ideas?  I’ve been looking on ebay to no avail, and have not been able to find it from avalon hill either…
    Any help would be greatfully appreciated.  Thanks!

• Welcome OKW.

try “w w w. historicalboardgaming .c o m”.

BTW, it’s called Oberkommando DER Wehrmacht.

• @OberkommandodesWehrmacht:

Hello everyone, this is my first post on A&A.org!

I am looking to find a replacement set of pieces and markers for Italy in the 1940 game.  Any ideas?  I’ve been looking on ebay to no avail, and have not been able to find it from avalon hill either…
    Any help would be greatfully appreciated.  Thanks!

You can buy some from FMG (www. fieldmarshallgames . com) their are even better than OOB and they come with air transporters and officers

• Thank you very much for your quick and helpful replies!  Now I can continue my 4-player Global game!

@Andi:

BTW, it’s called Oberkommando DER Wehrmacht.

I thought so, but I’ve read something in a WW2 book lately and OKW was refererred to as “des”.  I didn’t understand why that’d be genative, aber habe ich meistens mein Deutsch vergessen.  :oops:

From “199 Days: the Battle for Stalingrad” (an exceptional book) is a German soldiers’ poem…

Maerkische Heide.
    Maerkische Sand.
    Sind des Freude.
    Sind mein Heimatland.

• Yes, you are right, it’s genitive. But “Wehrmacht” is -female-: die Wehrmacht. As for this, the genitive “der” is always used  :-)

Nice poem, i have the book in german :-)

Suggested Topics

Axis & Allies Boardgaming Custom Painted Miniatures

Users

Topics

1.7m