• I got the axis & allies (1942 world at war) recently and we are laying our first games so naturaly some questions came up that we could not find in the rule book.

A) Anfibious attack

1. During an anfibious attack you can use a battleship to bombard the territory. Does the battleship get the first shot each combat round or only on the first combat round?
    2. If the defender scores a hit can we transfer that hit to the battleship (because it can sustain 2 hits) that is suporting the anfibious attack?
    3. When a inf is loaded into a trannie does that could as a inf move? bcause it takes alot of time to make an anfibious attack ! one turn to load inf and another turn to offload  and make the attack!

C) Attack

1. If four FIG’s are attacking a land that has a AA does the AA have a first shot to all four FIG’s in all combat rounds?

B) Air Movement

1. When a FIG enter a sea zone from the land does that count as 2 movements? (one to exit the land and one to enter the sea). For example, a FIG passes through Australia. Does it count a 2 moves? one entering the sea zone and another to enter the land?

thx fot the help in advance :)

1. During an anfibious attack you can use a battleship to bombard the territory. Does the battleship get the first shot each combat round or only on the first combat round?

Only the first combat round.

1. If the defender scores a hit can we transfer that hit to the battleship (because it can sustain 2 hits) that is suporting the anfibious attack?

Nope. Although the battleship is supporting with 1 shot, that doesn’t mean it’s in the midst of the action to take hit from the land combat.

1. When a inf is loaded into a trannie does that could as a inf move? bcause it takes alot of time to make an anfibious attack ! one turn to load inf and another turn to offload  and make the attack!

The units you load cannot move before or after they are loaded into the transport. So yes, when the inf is loaded into the trannie it’s done moving. You can offload it, but it cannot move right after you offload it.

1. If four FIG’s are attacking a land that has a AA does the AA have a first shot to all four FIG’s in all combat rounds?

AA guns are just like battleship shore bombardments, it only happens in the first combat round. Don’t confuse this with subs though! Subs always fire first for every combat round and their casualties are immediately destroyed unless there is a destroyer present. AA gun and shore bombardment are simply special first round chances to eliminate units before they can fire back.

1. When a FIG enter a sea zone from the land does that count as 2 movements? (one to exit the land and one to enter the sea). For example, a FIG passes through Australia. Does it count a 2 moves? one entering the sea zone and another to enter the land?

You’re confusing me a little. Your example doesn’t match your question. It takes one movement point to get into a sea zone if you started on land. For instance, if you had a fighter in Britain that was going to Norway, it takes one movement point to go into the sea zone and one to land in Norway. It doesn’t take one to lift off/exit land and then another one to enter the sea zone. Your example is correct though, if your fighter was trying to pass through Australia from somewhere it does take 1 movement to enter the sea zone bordering Australia and then one more to enter land.

• Thx for the help. I guess we where playing wrong with does battleships and AA’s :)

I have another question that i remembered now.

I read in the rule book that AA can move in non-combat move ?? is it true or did i mis-read?

• That’s true. AA guns can move 1 space. They can even be transported. AA guns can never do a combat move though, they can only be moved around during noncombat. You can have more than one AA gun in a territory but only one AA gun fires during a combat.

Suggested Topics

Axis & Allies Boardgaming Custom Painted Miniatures

Users

Topics

1.7m