• Hi, I hate to ask this knowing it is probably answered somewhere, but I couldn’t find an answer when I looked around. I’m new to the site and I’ve read alot of the forums and you discuss bids with the axis, unfortuantly I am not clear about what bids are. I assume a 25 bid means you give the axis 25 more I.P.C.'s to start the game, if I’m wrong please let me know. Also is there a place where all the abreveations that are used on here are listed?

OK the bid question…

Bids is a way to give the axis an amount of starting money equivelant to the amount that your gaming group considers fair for the Axis…

Each person Secretly bids (on paper) some amount to being Axis… Then everyone shows there bids… The 2 lowest are the Axis with the lower of those 2 getting to choose which side he plays… The money amount written down can be used immediately or placed in your hand for use later…

Abbreviations…Well just ask about them here and I will try my best to answer… Some basic ones:

BB: Battleship
    CV: Carrier
    AaA: Obvious 8)
    FIC: French Indo China
    AES: Anglo Egyptian Sudan
    DD: Destroyer
    IC: Industrial Complex
    AA: Anti-Aircraft
    WEur: Western Europe
    SEur: Southern Europe

If you find any others that confuse just ask… We typically don’t make sense to the world anyway so there is no embaressment in asking… It gives us a chance to atleast say that someone was interested in the wonderful Cardboard box that sits on the cleanest shelf in the house

Cheers,
    GG :lol:

• Thanks! I appreaciate it, and I hope to add something to the discussions in the future.

Please Do… It is always great to have minds talking together…

Suggested Topics

Axis & Allies Boardgaming Custom Painted Miniatures

Users

Topics

1.7m