• Second game we played I was the Axis, I had to focus all of Japans attention to the mainland since America bought 2 factories (China and Singkang), and the U.K had one in India of course. Countered with one in Kwangtung. Held well since I was able to use basically all my fighters and bomber to help the fight and take one factory from America before it got out of hand. Contained the U.K factory by using battleships and bombardment.

The U.S. was too little too late and wasn’t able to help from the mainland.

Russia was on it’s last breath since Germany ignored Africa and foucsed everything they had on the Russian front.

Fun game though, it looked like the Allies were going to win it but I turned the tables after holding and taking land using the Kwangtung factory and the two battleships bombardments. It was only a matter of time before Japan ruled the world. Axis win!

• Your games look so empty compared to the usual crowded boards.

• Third game we played, first picture is early on. Axis were looking good, Germany had built a decent sized fleet and Russia was hurting. U.K decided not to buy a factory due to Japans position, but were able to keep Indias fleet intact and used it to take out Manila. U.Ks fleet from England was also holding strong and starting to shuffle troops to Norway. America was also shuffling from Eastern to Algeria. It didn’t look like the Allies had a bright future……

Until this happend… This was probably a 2-3 turns later… Germany had taken all of Africa putting a big dent in the U.Ks IPC income but by then the Brits had constructed a nice sized fleet. Since Germany used all their income to focus on their fleet and mainly seize Africa, that left the Russians with a wide open door. They were closing in on Berlin from the east and the U.K and America from the west.

Japan had a nice sized fleet with fighers, America did it’s best to counter that with a fleet of their own. Japan most likely would’ve won that battle but would’ve been costly. The U.K would’ve finished it off with their surviving fleet at Manila.

Because of America and the U.Ks strength in the Atlantic the Axis surrendered. I think Berlin would’ve fell and Japan would’ve got ate away slowly. This was the best game though.

• @calvinhobbesliker:

Your games look so empty compared to the usual crowded boards.

Well I guess we both play pretty aggressively so it empties out the board pretty quickly. It all happens on the first and second turns.

• @McLovin1985:

@calvinhobbesliker:

Well I guess we both play pretty aggressively so it empties out the board pretty quickly. It all happens on the first and second turns.

Yeah, like in your last pic, England is empty

• Up close with Japans massive fleet making the Americans shiver a little bit….  :|

• @calvinhobbesliker:

@McLovin1985:

@calvinhobbesliker:

I was able to empty them out without any worry. The Germans were basically done and I’d be able to counter if it looked they were preparing to take it.

• @McLovin1985:

@calvinhobbesliker:

@McLovin1985:

@calvinhobbesliker:

I was able to empty them out without any worry. The Germans were basically done and I’d be able to counter if it looked they were preparing to take it.

England didn’t build anything in its capital?

• I remember playing this, but the map is very small: it’s about the same size as one of the panels of Global 40

• @calvinhobbesliker:

@McLovin1985:

@calvinhobbesliker:

@McLovin1985:

@calvinhobbesliker:

England didn’t build anything in its capital?

They built all naval, a carrier and something else. Combined it with the rest of the fleet. ground forces were the next stage but Axis gave up.

• @calvinhobbesliker:

I remember playing this, but the map is very small: it’s about the same size as one of the panels of Global 40

Tell me about it…. I’ll never understand why they put the IPC counter ON the board… Should’ve been seperate like the oringinal, made more room to make the countries a little bit bigger.

Thats why I’ve recently bought AAP40, next week AAE40! Then you’ve got to worry about the board being too massive and not how small it is haha.

• @McLovin1985:

@calvinhobbesliker:

I remember playing this, but the map is very small: it’s about the same size as one of the panels of Global 40

Tell me about it…. I’ll never understand why they put the IPC counter ON the board… Should’ve been seperate like the oringinal, made more room to make the countries a little bit bigger.

Thats why I’ve recently bought AAP40, next week AAE40! Then you’ve got to worry about the board being too massive and not how small it is haha.

I think the reason they put the ipc tracker on the board is to have less things in the box to intimidate a new player which is what the game is geared towards. See this:  http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZXeGoWcfxbk&feature=related  After watching this I understand why AA42 does not have as much in the box as Revised did. Overall it is still a great game and my favorite WWII themed game.

• @skinny1:

@McLovin1985:

@calvinhobbesliker:

I think the reason they put the ipc tracker on the board is to have less things in the box to intimidate a new player which is what the game is geared towards. See this:  http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZXeGoWcfxbk&feature=related  After watching this I understand why AA42 does not have as much in the box as Revised did. Overall it is still a great game and my favorite WWII themed game.

Hahahaha, from that point of view yes I understand. I think the only way to truely understand the game fully is to learn from someone first hand in person.

• @McLovin1985:

@skinny1:

@McLovin1985:

@calvinhobbesliker:

Hahahaha, from that point of view yes I understand. I think the only way to truely understand the game fully is to learn from someone first hand in person.

That is how I learned. My uncle and brother used to play the 2nd edition in the 80s but I was too young and it didn’t appeal to me. A few years ago I wanted to try the game so I bought a used copy from ebay and had my uncle come over. I have been hooked ever since.

Suggested Topics

Axis & Allies Boardgaming Custom Painted Miniatures

Users

Topics

1.7m