• im not complaining but have you noticed that alot of the country specific pieces aren’t accurally historically accurate, sure all those tanks and planes, and ships are real but not in the right place.

The panther wasnt made until 1943, and the Stuka was a dive bmb not a fighter. And for the US, wheres the mustang or cosair?!?! the p-38 was a lightning bmb, and was probaly to slow and big to be a fighter. The UK tank was the crumwell or churchill wasnt it? not a sherman, it was american. The americans also used big 155mm artillery i think.

have any thoughts?

• So, you complain that they are the wrong pieces, though historically accurate?
    I mean, for german tanks: there is no such thing as the one tank that was produced through the war (different with fighters there). And, well, most fighters of different nations looked pretty similar. Using light bombers probably is just for having more distuinguishable pieces….
    And the British used the Sherman, quite a lot indeed…

• The panzer IV or V would be much better than the panther i think, the panther and tiger tanks were built for the defense of germany not for the offense like the panzer series.

You make a good point on the fighter though,

• “The panzer IV or V would be much better than the panther i think, the panther and tiger tanks were built for the defense of germany not for the offense like the panzer series.”

Well, Panzer V is the Panther. Pz VI is the Tiger. And they were used for the offense … as long as Germany did any. They surely were not built for defense.

• The P-38 Lightning was actually a very, very good fighter. Though I’d rather see the Mustangs instead since I like them more but oh well. And I agree with you with the whole Panther thing but the Brits used the Shermans alot.

they should use the Panzer I for the germans :roll: ….

• I believe the P-47 Thunderbolts would have represented the US player better than P-38’s or P-51’s. Were they not in use the most often (strafing runs, etc.) and could both give and take massive damage?

@Thunder:

I believe the P-47 Thunderbolts would have represented the US player better than P-38’s or P-51’s. Were they not in use the most often (strafing runs, etc.) and could both give and take massive damage?

the P-47 was yes the greatest ground strafer (8 .50’s!) and were very beat uppable :roll: …. but unfortunatly not to good as far as manauevering goes therefore they built the P-51 :lol: …

• Hey! You’re complaining about the the accuracy of the pieces and I disagree totally.I personaly think it’s a major upgrade compared to the bland pieces of the original game.I love the fact that instead of using rough models of tanks I get to use real units that fought in the war.The British did use the Sherman as well as the Churchhill and other tanks.As for the Americans,the 105mm Howitzer was one of the most produced artillery units in the war.Also,it was the best for it’s cost.The Germans used the Pz.III and Pz.IV quite a bit during World War II,but for simplicity sake Avalon Hill used the Panther as the German armor unit.

The only thing I would change is instead of German Stukas,I would use the FW-190 as their fighter.Also the P-38 wasn’t a light bomber,but a big,twin engined fighter.

• I agree with the FW-190’s or to a lesser extent Me-109’s. Were the Stuka’s not obsolete/phased out by like 1940? Really can’t understand why the game has them. Corsair’s and lightning’s were predominantly used in the Pacific as far as I know.

• The Stukas were used all the way to the end. Even though they were awful fighters.

Suggested Topics

Axis & Allies Boardgaming Custom Painted Miniatures

Users

Topics

1.7m