• I’m at my state university for debate camp right now and I was just wondering what the debaters here (I know Yanny debates) were thinking about running. My partner and I were thinking about running Geneticly modified fish.

• “You may be a cunning linguist, but I’m a master debator” :wink:

Hmmm though… yes, my debate would about why killing people who cause a disturbance in movie theatres should be legal. That includes cellphones going off, kicking seats, throwing anything, talking with friends, trying to be funny by yelling out comments during the movie…any of those should result in immediate death.

• @ctm:

“You may be a cunning linguist, but I’m a master debator” :wink:

Hmmm though… yes, my debate would about why killing people who cause a disturbance in movie theatres should be legal. That includes cellphones going off, kicking seats, throwing anything, talking with friends, trying to be funny by yelling out comments during the movie…any of those should result in immediate death.

I’m more of a “let the punishment fit the crime” kind of person. These people need to have as many movies ruined for them as people they ruined movies for.
    For example, if they allowed their cellphone ring during a movie full of 400 people, the next 400 movies they try to watch - at home, or in the theater - should be ruined for them by an incessent ringing in their ears curtesy of an otic-implant.

• I guess cell phones in inapprobiate (sp?) places is the only thing that could bring me to supporting the death sentence…
    I go more than an hour by train to work (and back), and i usually take the one wagon/cabin (?) that should be “cell phone free”… that’s then about 5-8 calls going in in that time… argh… and when i choose the “repeater equipped to support cell phones” cabin … it’s less… Seems like learning to read is extremely hard… sigh

Suggested Topics

Axis & Allies Boardgaming Custom Painted Miniatures

Users

Topics

1.7m