• Question … my typical R1 (ussr) purchase is 2 inf 2 arty 2 tanks or 3 inf 3 tanks.

Dice combat movement is all out for Ukraine and WR … usually sending 1 Fig or tank to WR instead … leaving around 85% odds in kraine and 99% odds in WR.

If these attacks go bad, example … 1G fig left in ukraine … only 2 or 3 russian units left in WR … what is the best move for russia and the allies ?  Of course in non combat russia remaing inf would head for moscow instead of Bury stack but what of UK, America, how can they help save/aid Moscow quickly against a worthy Axis player ?

I understand lots of variables exist, I would like peoples opionions on this subject.

IMO bad dice, a bad round 1 combat turn for the Russians/Allies hurts quite a bit more than bad dice for the Germans/Axis round1.

• There isn’t any clever strategic response.  The Allies always try to get their game moving as fast as possible in any event, having bad dice on one round doesn’t change the overall pace at which the Allies can advance their plans.  Probably the Allies will have to take certain risks like using Russian attacks of 1 infantry 1 fighter vs 1 infantry where normally Russia would use 2 infantry 1 fighter, or certain other things, but that’s part of any game - it’s just more so in a game with a poor R1 start.

G1 bad dice are at least as bad; I’d say actually worse for Germany.  Suppose you lose sub/fighter/bomber to UK battleship (far more likely than losing the R1 battles to the degree you mentioned), suppose you lose 2 fighters to the UK cruiser at Gibraltar, suppose Germany fails at Anglo Egypt either by losing the German battleship to the UK destroyer (awful), and/or losing the Anglo-Egypt land battle.  Those are very nasty losses that Germany cannot compensate for.

• @Paulzy:

Question … my typical R1 (ussr) purchase is 2 inf 2 arty 2 tanks or 3 inf 3 tanks.

Dice combat movement is all out for Ukraine and WR … usually sending 1 Fig or tank to WR instead … leaving around 85% odds in kraine and 99% odds in WR.

If these attacks go bad, example … 1G fig left in ukraine … only 2 or 3 russian units left in WR … what is the best move for russia and the allies ?

Surrender. Start the game again :)

Suggested Topics

Axis & Allies Boardgaming Custom Painted Miniatures

Users

Topics

1.7m