• Hello everyone, this is great forum - glad I found it.

I’ve seen several people post that G’s Med fleet should be destroyed in UK1.  How exactly if the fleet stays in sz 14?  It seems if you only send one fighter and one bomber, and both miss on first round of combat, and the G Battleship hits in its first defense, then UK has to retreat.  Doesn’t seem like a sure thing.  Do you need the bomber and two fighters (one from Egypt and one from sz 35)?

Same question with the UK battleship - everyone seems to assume that G easily destroys it on G1, but with what?  Only one bomber and one fighter can reach, which further assumes the G fighter in Norwary is still around.  The odds are in G’s favor, but certainly no guarantee.

• @LMD:

Hello everyone, this is great forum - glad I found it.

I’ve seen several people post that G’s Med fleet should be destroyed in UK1.  How exactly if the fleet stays in sz 14?  It seems if you only send one fighter and one bomber, and both miss on first round of combat, and the G Battleship hits in its first defense, then UK has to retreat.  Doesn’t seem like a sure thing.  Do you need the bomber and two fighters (one from Egypt and one from sz 35)?

If G doesn’t take Egypt and the German fleet remains on SZ14 then you can fly both fighters/bomber, like you mentioned. That’s assuming G doesn’t build any naval units on SZ14 and that the UK fighter on Egypt is still alive.

Otherwise it is a high-risk gamble to kill the German fleet, as you mentioned, unless the cruiser on SZ13 survives and the German fleet is on SZs15/16.

Same question with the UK battleship - everyone seems to assume that G easily destroys it on G1, but with what?  Only one bomber and one fighter can reach, which further assumes the G fighter in Norwary is still around.  The odds are in G’s favor, but certainly no guarantee.

The German sub on SZ8 can also reach SZ2. Even if the Russians move the sub to to SZ2 to join the battleship and transport the Germans still have about 90% odds of sinking the UK units while losing 1 submarine and perhaps 1 fighter.
    The wild card is usually the Russian sub hitting on a 1 while defending and killing the German sub.

• Right - I forgot about the sub in sz 8.  I’ve become accustomed to sending that sub after the defenseless UK transport off eastern Canada.  However, ensuring the destruction of the UK Battleship seems like a much higher priority.  Thanks.

Suggested Topics

Axis & Allies Boardgaming Custom Painted Miniatures

Users

Topics

1.7m