• With my regular driving, I could ALMOST get away with an all electric, so long as Angel had a car with gasoline that we could travel in.  A Plug-in Hybrid would take the “almost” out of that statement.

I would run on pure stored household current 99% of the time, and the engine would kick in only on longer trips, etc.  My BIGGEST problem with be gasoline going “stale” and the need to add fuel stabilizer to each tank of gasoline (so my per-tank costs would rise).  But if you only buy 1-2 tanks per year…  I’d end up with mileage somewhere above 400 mpg, unless the plug-in hybrid is designed to run the engine from time to time just to prevent that stale fuel issue…

To me it is a no-brainer to create plug-in hybrids AND to have more than just the damn Prius to choose from.  Jen mentioned her Caliber… good looking car, and if it was available as a plug-in hybrid I would probably own one, even if the mileage was “only” in the 90mpg range because of the higher power demand for the larger vehicle.

Suggested Topics

Axis & Allies Boardgaming Custom Painted Miniatures

Users

Topics

1.7m