• Does anyone have any good suggestions for a new player to use?
    I mostly will play as Axis

• In the words of Patton, “Attack, Attack, Attack!” But seriously, the winning strat of the Axis strike early and often. Usually you can tell if the Axis has won or lost by the third turn. For Germany, usually the best offense is a good defense, but Japan must constantly be expanding its borders.

• I agree, the best way to get into the game as a new player is to go for it! Hell, it might be a bit risky, but go all out. It’ll turn out good in the end.

• Well if it’s an attack on Russia you want. Then I strongly suggest a mixed combination of inf. and arm. usually in a 3 to 1 ratio. Planes and bombers are much to risky in terms of cost and potential AA targets. Also, don’t be stupid by attacking Russia on the first turn. Use the first turn to position your arm and inf. correctly for a full blown fury on the 2nd turn.

• A bit of a correction. Don’t over attack with Japan. Keep conquest down to a minimum of one or two territories per turn. Make sure to attack the American ships at Hawaii

• Put Germany on the defensive, but able to apply pressure to Russia. Make Russia fight a two front war. Make Russia commit more resources to Germany than to Japan.

And, Do not buy Industrial complexes with Japan.

here is a link to explain why
    http://www.axisandallies.org/forums/viewtopic.php?topic=88&forum=28&69

It is a discussion Field Marshal and I had about the subject.

• What about later in the game, when I need tanks to move into Africa and Russia? It takes at least 3 turns before I can move from Manchuria to Moscow, instead of 2 if my tanks came from factories in India. Using the factory in India I might also be able to take Iraq or Caucasus - well out of the distance of transports from Japan.

The link says never to build factories early in the game, but if I know that USA has invested lots of ship in the Pacific, I will try not to meeet the buildup.

Suggested Topics

Axis & Allies Boardgaming Custom Painted Miniatures

Users

Topics

1.7m