• Tonight, I was playing 1942 with my cousin and brother, I was all the Allies, my cousin was Germany and my bro was Japan, my cousin likes to just reinforce everything and was at the point where Germany had around 60 IPC’s and about 30 Inf in one area. How do I stop this?  :|

• '12

You’re really going to have to provide more detail.  If you cuz likes to ‘just reinforce’ then by implication he is not attacking.  If he is not attacking how does he become so powerful?  If he puts everything in one spot, attack elsewhere.  The game is often won by a bunch of small battles that work out in your favour and provide for more income per turn than the other side.  Eventually after a number of turns earning more and winning battles that destroy more of his stuff by unit value than your stuff….you can continue to increase your advantage to the point where the final battle is certainly in your favour.

Your best bet is to find a game thread and review how that game played out.  Once you do that you can ask about specific strategies rather than a general “can somebody teach me to be an expert”?

• Don’t let Germany take Africa…don’t waste Russian grunts especially tanks build a lot of fighters., some tanks u can bomb em n take some money or u can use em attacking at 4! Triple team em be patient build up lots of 2’s and 4’s for defends … good luck rolling

• Get the UK fighters to Moscow to add extra defense. Buy mostly infantry and 1 tank a go. Launch attacks along the front at places where you are even in strength, but where there are no enemy fighters. Use your fighters to inflict losses in the attack

If it looks like you have killed 3 infantry, and he only killed 2, take that as a success and retreat. He will be down one more infantry than you and will have a harder time attacking your territory in the next go. USE RETREAT! Remember he has to reinforce from a greater distance. The more losses he takes at the front, the better, as long as your forces are a little ahead.

Suggested Topics

Axis & Allies Boardgaming Custom Painted Miniatures

Users

Topics

1.7m