Is that French aircraft carrier ever going to actually be built?

• The CV is in it, because it is probably on a standard sprue.

But still funny: a useless CV (I actually have 2 French CV’s in my copy) is in the box and no paper IPC…

• I will just to make this thread go away

• @fanofbond:

If France didn’t recieve a carrier how long would it take before there is a thread here complaining about that and then call WOTC and call them chimps and demand a carrier for country that will probably never build it….ever

EDIT; super major grammer error

lol
    Is your grammer fixed now?  :-D

• @fanofbond:

Who the hell writes that!

• @Dylan:

@fanofbond:

Who the hell writes that!

Me

• @mwindianapolis:

I will just to make this thread go away

I would if France survives the 2nd round. Since i know they won’t last long, i’d use the Carrier to help in other theaters provide air support

• You know what I’m actually going to build the aircraft carrier, just because of this thread  :-D

• I am happy its included.

1. It allows people to create their own scenarios or setups.

2. You could start a house rule game with the carrier on the board already.

3. Its a complete unit set, making the purchase of the game a cheap alternative to buying AA50 for someone looking to recreate AA50 Map and use French pieces in 1940E as Italy.

4. If France is liberated and the axis have Russia and UK/India and want to play it out…You might build it in the Pacific through French Indo China.

5. What if Europe falls, but Japan has Russia, Africa, China and Australia and the players want to keep going? France would want a carrier in the Mediterranean to help the allies defend against the Jap air force. Imagine after UK took Germany(with US help) the U.S. could clear Rome and allow France to Capture Italy for the money to use against Japan…it would have to be one long game.

• James, I grant you the “full set” so it can be used for other games, and also for a cheap AA50 set.

But why would I use the French as Italians when I can use the… Italians as Italians?

• Oops, I guess you would just use the Italians….ok maybe fancy Chinese units :) I’ll try not to miss the obvious next time I post. Seriously, for those who get Italian and Russia piece colors mixed up, blue would be obvious in a homemade aa50.

Lets say you kept Italians in this set , and split the French pieces so you could have two games going…aae40 and aa50Homemade. Its a stretch.

Back to the point of this forum, I can see the option for France to build a carrier if they are not taken round 1…an Idea I have posted for speeding up a Russian invasion potentially. Granted it would probably be sank, but it could be built, now how about that French Battleship? :)

Suggested Topics

Axis & Allies Boardgaming Custom Painted Miniatures

Users

Topics

1.7m