• So I’ll sum this all up for you guys. Now some events I day may have happened during the turn stated but it could have been before it or after it as well. This game took well over 28+ hours

So ill sum up Italy fast. Navy stayed in tack and destroyed the french/ british navy. On the second italian turn egypt was taken. then troops moved through the middle east to russia and india. Leaving egypt weak would prove to be the worst mistake made.

Day 1
    G1. Destroyed France/ British Navy, started building German Navy. All the other regular German moves as well.
    G2. Attempted to invade England, Didn’t work. Built tanks/Mech Units
    G3. Took Scottland, destroyed the remaining English Navy. Moved troops towards Russia.
    G4. Attacked Russia.

So now ill just sum up the rest fast. So Russia fell pretty fast, me and my friend are both experience A&A players and he made a mistake with the contections of territories close to Moscow. I’ve heard people say that takng Moscow before stalingrad or leingrad is a good choice, I agree. The allied player hasn’t had time to put aircraft on Moscow and maybe he’ll think you are trying to take both smaller cities first. So Russia is out, and its just mop up now. My tanks-a-glore go down to the middle east to RETAKE egypt that was taken by England with American pressure on Italy. I will say that making a Navy really handicapped the Brits and is useful in preventing DDay. So we played chicken with the middle east until i was able to hold down Israel. Pretty much the cold war build up, tanks vs brit infantry and about in the end 30 fighters…. Finally the pimple burst and i attacked out of pure exhaustion (4am) and frustrated with nothing happening. Lets just stay he won with some fighters left. After that it was a downhill slide. I’ll also add that I was able to destroy the british navy once, and the American navy twice during this game. The worst choice I made with my navy was sending it to the Med. It got trapped and never saw the light of day again… All in all I had all the victory cities but one (which i controlled for the first half the game).

The end result and what I learned

1. Take France, destroy the 2/3 of the brits navy and make your own to scare the Americans and handicap the Brits.
    2. Take out Russia as fast as possible, devot all resources. Wiith a navy in the north you dont need troops in northern france.
    3. With Italy, depending if your navy gets pwned or not, do your best to take Egypt and then hold onto that like it was the girl who gave you your first blowjob. Take gibraltar, place a destroyer in the seazone outside of the Med. You can slow the americans down by 3 turns in doing this.
    4. build a industral point on Egypt, build Inf. Once your navy gets wrecked by the americans, build fighters.

That is really what I believe is key to the German success because unlike the allies the axis has few mistakes it can make because it doesnt have the income and a fucking sea to make up for them.

• '10

WOW… 28+ hours!  Maybe it was not the worst German defeat? … you held out until 1956  :-D

What turn did you get the German Fleet to the Med?  How many ships did you get there?

• @Cornmeal:

3. With Italy, depending if your navy gets pwned or not, do your best to take Egypt and then hold onto that like it was the girl who gave you your first blowjob. Take gibraltar, place a destroyer in the seazone outside of the Med. You can slow the americans down by 3 turns in doing this.

A question on this point, surely you need to leave an Italian destroyer inside the Mediterranean seazone that buffers the med Gib and the Atlantic Ocean as all combats are similtaneous so the US fleet can’t take Gib and still move fleet into the Med, or have i got the rules wrong? if not then you would still have the chance to take Gib back and keep the US out of the Med.

• @FieldMarshalGames:

WOW… 28+ hours!  Maybe it was not the worst German defeat? … you held out until 1956  :-D

What turn did you get the German Fleet to the Med?  How many ships did you get there?

Well this game was over two weeks ago. Um, two aircraft carriers with 3 fighters and one fighter bomber. 3 subs, 2 battleships, 5 cruisers, and 3 destroyers. I’m sure I had more because it was a pretty scary sight. That was the second German navy. The first one was pretty much destroyed in killing the brits. NEVER send the German navy to Med, like I said it got trapped by the Americans which was fine for Italy but when Egypt is a cactus you ain’t getting to it the allied player turns to northern Europe. Once he took norway, built an industrial point, it was straight downhill. Lost two N.O. :'(

It was the worst German defeat because I had the allies on the edge I just couldn’t push them over. At one point Germany was making 100+ a turn. sigh… crushing defeat

• @eindatadog:

@Cornmeal:

A question on this point, surely you need to leave an Italian destroyer inside the Mediterranean seazone that buffers the med Gib and the Atlantic Ocean as all combats are similtaneous so the US fleet can’t take Gib and still move fleet into the Med, or have i got the rules wrong? if not then you would still have the chance to take Gib back and keep the US out of the Med.

Thats exactly what I did, even just putting a 1 inf on it makes the allied player have to commit troops with slows him down further. the destroyer in the med is important but i did get lucky. He sent a sub and fighter to destroy it and I won that battle stopping him for a round. I was quite pleased :D

• You took out russia, had egypt….and lost?

Sounds like you sat around a little too long your first few rounds after taking out moscow.

• @Plasticdeathbydice:

You took out russia, had egypt….and lost?

Sounds like you sat around a little too long your first few rounds after taking out moscow.

I did have egypt, It was taken with Italy on the second round as usual but I made the mistake of advancing to much into the middle east and southern russia that I couldn’t hold onto Egypt Once Americans and Brits showed up.

• @Cornmeal:

I’ve heard people say that takng Moscow before stalingrad or leingrad is a good choice, I agree.

• Amen. Sounds like it worked for you because it is possible that not all Russian players will send everything to Moscow. They leave too much holding the other cities and its all yours because of out-maneuvering their slow infantry.

• Amen. Sounds like it worked for you because it is possible that not all Russian players will send everything to Moscow. They leave too much holding the other cities and its all yours because of out-maneuvering their slow infantry.

In the game I just recently played Russia took a aggressive stance. Germany took England on G2 and attacked Russia on G4. I would say I wasn’t in the best possible spot but when Russia decided to hold ground and counter it made it much harder for Germany. I would say the key to a Russian success ( slow the Germans) would be a Airforce. From there you are able to counter attack with Inf. and Art. all across the front.

Suggested Topics

Axis & Allies Boardgaming Custom Painted Miniatures

Users

Topics

1.7m