• At least that’s the impression I get from reading the card.  Has anyone else noticed that there is no “Relocate 2” ability on the 88’s Stat card?  Does that actually mean that the durn thing is so big that it can’t move by itself?  I’m thinking this has to be a misprint…

• @AgentOrange:

At least that’s the impression I get from reading the card.  Has anyone else noticed that there is no “Relocate 2” ability on the 88’s Stat card?  Does that actually mean that the durn thing is so big that it can’t move by itself?  I’m thinking this has to be a misprint…

Well… it doesnt have “heavy gun” for nothing, its a huge peice and would be inaccurate if it could move by it self, i believe it was too large for that. Needs a Sd Kfz 250 to movie it.

• @AgentOrange:

At least that’s the impression I get from reading the card.  Has anyone else noticed that there is no “Relocate 2” ability on the 88’s Stat card?  Does that actually mean that the durn thing is so big that it can’t move by itself?  I’m thinking this has to be a misprint…

It’s not a misprint; the 88 can’t move by itself.  As dictator_wanna_be said, you can use the Sd Kfz 250 to position it though unfortunately once you unload you can never load it back up. So simply take care positioning it; remember you can chose where the 88mm unloads because it overstacks the hex.

I’m not particularily fond of units that can’t move by themselves, but I respect the firepower of an 88.

• Thanx guys, that helps.  :-D

• Unless ur playing a huge game, i would say the PK 40’s should pack enough punch!

• Really it can’t move once dropped.  That doesn’t make sense to me.  88’s should be able to move with a 250.  That’s how they did it on the field.

I think that the 88 has to be the most powerful piece on the field for 39 maybe even 40 & 41 (armor punch).  The way I’m playing it is like any other towed artillary.

• It is of course up to you and your opponent if you want to use house rules in casual gmes, just be aware that in tournament games that IS the rule. I believe it’s supposed to reflect the timescale of having to reposition it; hooking it up to the Sd Kfz 250, etc.  There is also of course the stacking rule that prevents the Half-Track from entering the same hex.

However the 88mm Flak 36 in particular was designed to be used for Blitzkrieg attacks and was supposed to be much easier to move… although again it’s questionable under the 1 minute per round timescale. Personally I think it should have at least had relocate 1, but I play it as is for now; there’s usually not too much of a problem with it.

Pak 40s aren’t bad, but not always enough against units like the IS-3s and Tigers; some of the more common tournament pieces.

• Pak 40s aren’t bad, but not always enough against units like the IS-3s and Tigers; some of the more common tournament pieces.

sorry but pak 40 against a tiger?

• sorry but pak 40 against a tiger?

Yes.

In competitive games the only restriction a player gets is that they must use units of only one faction; Axis or Allies, so if you and your opponent both happen to be playing Axis then so be it. Personally I think it’s a little silly, and that players should have an army for each but then I don’t run these things, and perhaps it’s just easiest to do it that way.

While some players, myself included, prefer to keep to at least semi-accurate/historical games, not everyone does so I try to keep an open mind about that. However if it makes you feel better just replace Tiger with Pershing ;)

• i always did like you man after the dicussion we had about the MAUS
    i still want one….
    and i want them t come out with just trucks for tha axis and the allies for towing everything

• I was just thinking abou the 88 again. The 88’s wheels actually came off and it was set up in a cross  bolted into the ground.  So this is making more and more sense.  I think it should be maybe 2 turns to load.

Regards,

Axis Fan

Suggested Topics

Axis & Allies Boardgaming Custom Painted Miniatures

Users

Topics

1.7m