Savannah, GA _ 1942 cd-rom or boardgame_LF any players for 2v2 play

• Hello to anyone interested,

Here in Savannah it is rare to come across another A&A player, much less any type of strategy gamer. I am tired of settling for D&D, Mage Knights, War-Hammer, and all those tactics games that lack overall long-term, complex strategy.

The best I can hope for among my small group of friends is Settlers of Catan and I have long given up on even that “extensive” of a (strategy style~ish) game. I’d take chess for Pete’s sake, but no one will play.

I do have one friend who will play, but it is difficult to arrange a time.

Anyhow, not sure how active anyone is on this site. If anyone in the area is willing to meet-up and play, I have a house in Rincon where we could play, or I could come to you. Perhaps even meet at the new gaming store in Pooler or old Morningstar in Savannah.

I have never frequented those establishments, but I am willing to do so for A&A.

Almost forgot to mention: I bought the board-game two years ago, an updated version. The pieces are extremely large in comparison to the board and I have never found anyone to attempt a game. BUT I just bought the CD-ROM version of 1942 with 2nd, 3rd Edition optional rules that was made by Hasbro in 1998. This would be my ideal form of play; However, I do have a piece of 3/4" MDF in my garage that I would love to turn-in to an oversized A&A board (if anyone is ever to be interested in a game).

My persona: laid back, soon to be engineering student (looking for work), currently in school finishing off a Drafting Associate’s Degree (and welding), I am in my mid-thirties, six-foot tall white guy, and I am interested in many other things. (I almost feel as though I’m typing in a dating site – ha, hopefully this won’t be as much of a waste though – on that: straight haha), non-racist, non-care-if you are gay or whatever.

I’d just like to play some strategy game and on that note, I am willing to try other games besides A&A if there are any other worthy.

Here’s my contact info: 912.481.7665; or you can come to Sav. Tech during the afternoon and walk-in the drafting lab. Where I tend to hang around these days. I’ll be the guy walking around helping others.

Long post, I apologize and don’t hesitate to call/text.

• Hey Vandroff, welcome.

I don’t think there are many players in Savannah here, but I’m rooting for you.
    I don’t want to leave you completely hanging though. Have you tried meetup?

http://www.meetup.com/cities/us/ga/savannah/games/

There’s 2 groups there, maybe you can find someone interested there?

If that doesn’t work, you could try playing online via AAA.
    I’ve never tried it myself, I prefer playing face-to-face, but some people swear by it as the best way to play.

Like I said, I’m rooting for you. I know the troubles of finding a game - I have to drive 90min one way and schedule the weekend a month in advance with my friends.
    Even if you can’t find a game or player, this site has a pretty good crowd to strategize with and deliberate plans and what-not. That’s fun too.

• Hi enoughsaid,

So, what area do you live/play?

Thanks for your advice, though I tried meetup a couple times before finding this forum. The week that I posted on here, I posted again on meetup. That group only plays d n d, magic, and other bs games. I’ll get outa savannah soon, looking for out of town work, hoping for a more populous area with more options.

Vandroff

• I live in SC, about 2.5 hours from Savannah, but I could probably arrange to drive down to Savannah/Ricon area on a Saturday. I’m getting A&A Pacific 1940 version for a Christmas gift and would really like to try it out. If you’re still looking for a game, shoot me a PM sometime.

Suggested Topics

Axis & Allies Boardgaming Custom Painted Miniatures

Users

Topics

1.7m