• In one of my last games the Russian player took Norway on R1 and stretched himself thin enough that Germany was able to take Moscow alone while Japan messed with the U.S…  I wouldn’t reccomend a Norway attack on R1.  Leave it for the UK or US.

• If Russia wants to go offensive… maximize the West Russia Stack, then start moving toward Berlin, reinforcing with ARM to the stack, securing the supply line and the rest of your front with INF.

You won;t make it to Berlin using that strat, but with some Allied pressure on the northern flank of your forward push, you can wreak havoc with Germany’s forces, and potentially castrate Germany of offensive units about the same time Russia is wiped out in their advance.  Then the Allies better be poised to continue the push, or Germany is going to rebuild faster than Russia and be on Moscow’s doorstep in a couple of rounds…

• I think that without allied support it is hard for Russia to be offensive.  If the Japan and Germany players are on the same page then they are gunning for you.  I agree with switch that the West Russia stack is Russia’s primary offensive weapon but without aid from the other allies they can’t defeat Germany or Japan.  I suggest defending on the Japanese flank and picking your fights wisely on the German front until the UK and US fortify Karelia or attack Western Europe.  No matter how offensive you want to be your primary focus has to be holding Moscow because 99% of the time the Axis will be coming from both sides.

Suggested Topics

Axis & Allies Boardgaming Custom Painted Miniatures

Users

Topics

1.7m