• I’ve never had to worry about whether or not Russia borders SZ 4 before since I’ve never played a game where anyone considered buying any Russian naval units until now. Does anyone know? It doesn’t look like it by the map but it seems weird that Russia would have to buy an IC in Karelia or Archangel to put by naval units in SZ4.

• Any Russian player who decides to buy naval units should be easily defeated within the first couple rounds.  Russia wasn’t meant for the sea, she was meant to say on land, land i tells ya! :-o

• No it doesn’t (SZ4 that is).  I have seen russia buy naval units but that was after gemany fell, and US needed help in the pacific.  Russia built them off the coast of china so as you can tell Japan was about to fall as well.  It happened just last night I tell ya!

• SZ4 only borders Karelia and Archangel, not Russia. You’re stuck building navy off of Caucasus unless you get an IC somewhere else, all of which is humorous to even consider.

• Like I said it only happens when It really dosen’t matter anymore.

• If I have the capability to build navy off of the east coast of russia, I usually consider one of two options.

1. Shove splinters up opponents sphincter to convince them to surrender.
    2. Drink ten shots of grain to keep things interesting.

• Yeah, I did surrender at that point.  I did have a german tank and a trasport stranded in Africa so Gemany took Brazil.  Frankly my mistake that game was going after US with Japan.  He left WUS open and I went for it.  Unfortunatly it let Russa Kick germanys butt.

• @triforce:

Yeah, I did surrender at that point.  I did have a german tank and a trasport stranded in Africa so Gemany took Brazil.  Frankly my mistake that game was going after US with Japan.  He left WUS open and I went for it.  Unfortunatly it let Russa Kick germanys butt.

I am now a firm believer in the US being a sucker play for Japan…

Russia!  Kill her, the game is won.

• ncsc, normally thats how I play, but this one time I wanted to try something new, ya know, just to see what happened?  It was looking like the Axis might win even without Germany, but alas it crumbled and rather quickly too.  Seeing two, count them two, ruskie Battleships in the pacific broke my heart…  :-(

• @triforce:

ncsc, normally thats how I play, but this one time I wanted to try something new, ya know, just to see what happened?  It was looking like the Axis might win even without Germany, but alas it crumbled and rather quickly too.  Seeing two, count them two, ruskie Battleships in the pacific broke my heart…  :-(

I lost my first match to Octo screwing around in the Pacific as the US.  And my last match, I fell for the sucker play in USA… and subsequently let Russia out of the box.  I surrendered THAT game 2 rounds later…

Axis:  Kill Russia
    Allies:  Kill Germany
    Everything else is a waste of time, effort, and possibly the game.

• I think you probably could have won against Octo in the Pacific eventually and could have won the game if you had taken a little more of a conservative path, cutting off his island IPCs (there’s 11 of them!), since you were containing Germany with Russia/UK and you coulda screwed up Japan really bad, maybe to the point of making him lose, because you had the Pearl Harbor fleet intact plus he started with a 2 complex buy. That attack on the Japanese fleet was ill-advised, and although you did claim 4 transports and 4 fighters, no small feat, you did nothing to further delay his supply lines nor IPC income, especially since you then decided to switch back to Germany. Splitting action is probably the most ill-advised strategy of all.

• Agreed… but I was in no position to continue to push in the Pacific due to needing several rounds to re-establish capital ships to protect trannies (somethign I did not have to do to shift to Europe).  And I reasoned that I could get land units back into play after the Axis income faster via the Atlantic than trying to re-build int eh Pacific.

Basically, my Pacific strat probably would have worked… but I pushed forward too soon.  1 or 2 more builds and then Japan would ahve been gutted in the Pacific… AND in time to have an impact on the Russia front with Germany…

Suggested Topics

Axis & Allies Boardgaming Custom Painted Miniatures

Users

Topics

1.7m