• Not exactly, there should be instances where the sale of arms to 3rd world countries should be allowed under dire circumstances.

• @yourbuttocks:

This is quite a lovefest

group-hug?

• I voted “Yay”, but i am still hoping to overthrow a military regime in a country to set up my own, and having US arms backing subsequent to that would be really handy.
    I think we could deal. After all, i intend to hold democratic elections as long as the citizens make the right choice (me).

• What would happen if we wanted to sell weaponry to a group such as the Taliban resistance? Not allowed?

• The Weapons would be “Lost” or “Stolen” or “Never Existant”.

• Moses, give me an example.

• Fanaticals under Adolf Hitler decides to invade Guatemala, which lacks proper weapons to defend itself. Guatemala seeks help from big brother in the North but can’t recieve any due to this act… :-?

• hey TG Moses VI, do you have 2 names or something? theres also like TM Moses Vii

• LOL, Moses’ proposal could happen, that is what I like about it. LOL

• @TG:

Fanaticals under Adolf Hitler decides to invade Guatemala, which lacks proper weapons to defend itself. Guatemala seeks help from big brother in the North but can’t recieve any due to this act… :-?

Nato/UN intervenes a la Kuwait . . . .

• @StrongBad1988:

hey TG Moses VI, do you have 2 names or something? theres also like TM Moses Vii

TM Moses VIII is TG Moses VI’s little sister. He’s very emotional when it comes to her and very protective. ;)

• lol Moses, your example sucks.

First of all, if Hitler was going to invade Guatamalea, U.S. troops or the promise that we would fight him would do tens times as much as 1,000 machine guns or a dozen F-16s.

Second, Guatamalea would use any weapons we gave them on their own people. If they are going to cut down protestors, at least not let it be M-60s or M-16s.

• hey TG Moses VI, do you have 2 names or something? theres also like TM Moses Vii

Nah, that’s just baby sis…

First of all, if Hitler was going to invade Guatamalea, U.S. troops or the promise that we would fight him would do tens times as much as 1,000 machine guns or a dozen F-16s.

Yet how come there is civil strife across the world?

Second, Guatamalea would use any weapons we gave them on their own people. If they are going to cut down protestors, at least not let it be M-60s or M-16s.

How are you sure of this???

Nato/UN intervenes a la Kuwait . . . .

What about other conflicts around the world - in particular Africa?

• @TG:

Yet how come there is civil strife across the world?

Maybe all those weapons we sell to the third world has something to so with it…

• Maybe all those weapons we sell to the third world has something to so with it…

Ummm… I don’t see many insurgents equiping them as much with American weapons as I see foreign ones…

• Moses, back to my point of we don’t need the blood money

If a government or a paramilitary force is going to massacre civilians, why does it have to be our weapons?

THird world countries take out huge loans and spend large percentages of their budgets on weapons. THeir economies become retarded, and their governments go bankrupt.

• If a government or a paramilitary force is going to massacre civilians, why does it have to be our weapons?

Whoever said anything about this?

THird world countries take out huge loans and spend large percentages of their budgets on weapons. THeir economies become retarded, and their governments go bankrupt.

Hence, “in case of an emergency…” :-?

• @yourbuttocks:

And that’s why we (the first world) sell those weapons:
    our banks make a profit,
    their industry never will rise to become competition to ours,
    they rulers are cheaper to buy,
    they have to buy everything, even those things they could easily produce themselves in peacetimes.

Of course, at soem time the whole building will collapse…. but we have nothing to fear as long as we keep the people poor and uneducated enough that they can’t afford to come over to us…
    Except for charismatic/ruthless demagogues like SH, or religious fundamentalists, who will find it easy to find followers in such an environment.

• Moses, that was my whole justification for not selling to 3Counts.

• I don’t think you understand what I’m trying to say… :-?

Suggested Topics

Axis & Allies Boardgaming Custom Painted Miniatures

Users

Topics

1.7m