Pillboxes and Camoflage… and traps

• We have used a couple rules for dug-out hills that provide +1 cover to all units in that hex from forward attacks (open back defensive position pretty much).  However, I was just reading the ‘official’ boards, and someone suggested ‘camoflage’ as a seperate ‘buy’.

So, pillboxes grant +1 cover to soldiers.  Pillboxes in a cover granting terrain could add an additional +1.  Camoflage (bought at 3 points) can add +1 to cover for all units in ‘that’ hex until they move; they can not be fired at from medium or long range.  I had thought about saying it should be 4 points as it is powerful…  So, here are my final thoughts:

Pillbox: +1 Cover (soldiers only)
    Pillbox in a ‘cover’ terrain hex: +2 Cover
    Camoflage: 4 points / must be used in a hex granting cover or with a fortification that grants cover / +1 Cover to any unit until it moves / can not be fired at from medium or long range / Can not stack with a pillbox already in cover/ must be used in a hex granting cover or with a fortification that grants cover

Traps:
    Like minefields, I believe that some traps should be ‘secretly deployed’.  I also feel that these traps (like mines) should be able to be ‘deployed’ at the end of any player’s movement phase, or the beginning of any player’s assault phase (something I will try in some games this weekend).  So, Tank Traps and Barbed Wire - pay double the cost and use the same rules as a Minefield for deployment.

Suggested Topics

Axis & Allies Boardgaming Custom Painted Miniatures

Users

Topics

1.7m