Is there life outside our solar system ?

• In the end, it’s not really gonna matter if we think theres life out there of any sort I think, if there is those that do search will find it someday that or they will visit us, one way or another. Then its a matter if they want to turn our planet into an alien resort planet a la X-Com.

• Ha, X-Com is a kickarse game! :D (though I can’t say the same about the sequals)

• X-Com sure is thats for sure. The last one they made, Apocolypse was pretty good I thought, just sucked that you were limited to the city area itself until you discovered the alien secret things….

• We’ll you might be right on that. However X-Com Underwater (basically X-Com redone underwater) and that flight simulator were horrible. The original is still the best. It wasn’t the turn based combat that drew me again over and over again. (Though that excellently done; unparallel in instilling suspense and fear into the player for a turn-based game) Nor was it the pretty graphics (this game did come out almost a decade ago). But I really liked the micromanagement. Setting up bases, researching alien technology, and shooting down UFOs was what I thought as the strategically standout for such an action-based game.

• … is there life outside the universe!!! that sets you thinking isn’t it :roll: Live outside our solarsitem is simple. God is every where and God is the giver of life. He rulles the universe and so he is also outside our solar system. and more fun He is living in my heart! :lol:

• :roll: lol…FinsterniS, try to resist.

• @Chris:

:roll: lol…FinsterniS, try to resist.

"FinsterniS, FinsterniS . . . give in to your feelings . . . give in to the hate . . . ".

• @jurn:

… is there life outside the universe!!! that sets you thinking isn’t it :roll: Live outside our solarsitem is simple. God is every where and God is the giver of life. He rulles the universe and so he is also outside our solar system. and more fun He is living in my heart! :lol:

No one told me to resist :)

banging my head against the wall, wondering how much pain one can ignore :)

• Take two advil, call me in the morning.
    poor poor F_alk and FinsterniS. . . no one told them life would be so harsh. . . in this universe, or another.

• and we don’t even have a god which we could blame …. or hope for help from it or any other relief…
    i think i can slowly see the benefits of being faithful…
    (except winning the worldcup of course and having to demonstrate to the world how christian i am… i would have loved to see the turkish players drop to their knees and pray towards mecca, or stop playing while the sun sets and pray :)… would an israeli team have played during shabbath (sp?) ?)

• That’s what i love about Christian (American)football players. Once a touchdown is scored, they drop to one knee. Meanwhile, a man is lying on the field, prolly having a concussion due to the train that rode over him on his way to the goal line. Later, of course, the two will meet at a prayer meeting.
    it’s all so beautiful.

• lol…FinsterniS, try to resist.

I did, because anyway there’s nothing to answer to that.

I am certainly not mature enough to give up my free will to a myth :)

• “… is there life outside the universe!!! that sets you thinking isn’t it Live outside our solarsitem is simple. God is every where and God is the giver of life. He rulles the universe and so he is also outside our solar system. and more fun He is living in my heart!”

If there was, it probably wouldn’t be rowdy as it is here. Our world is already complicated enough as it is. He probably just wants the rest of the universe to be nice and subtle so he can relax in between world wars and the like. :wink:

• @F_alk:

and we don’t even have a god which we could blame …. or hope for help from it or any other relief…

From my experience, both theists and atheists alike tend to blame God for a lot of things.

• I don’t blame god, he does not exist, i just blame some who believe in god.

• I don’t blame what I don’t believe in as well…

• I blame those who believe in God who try to push their Religion onto me for a lot.

• and i don’t believe in god
    so i can’t be saved
    all alone as i’ve learned to be
    in this mess i have made

• Ben Folds Five.

note: i don’t believe this philosophy or the implied philosophy that BFF does not buy into, but it’s an interesting statement

(basically if you don’t believe if God, you can’t blame God for a life gone awry - the problem here is that it implies that theists can point a finger at God for their mistakes, which i don’t buy into either).

• I don’t believe any theists would blame God for their mistakes or bad luck in life. Why push your luck? If God is teaching you some “lesson”, don’t risk pissing him off!!!

• @Field:

I don’t believe any theists would blame God for their mistakes or bad luck in life. Why push your luck? If God is teaching you some “lesson”, don’t risk pissing him off!!!

You’re prolly right. That was the BFF view - that we need something to blame for our lives. As i said, i don’t buy it.

“Chance favors the prepared mind” - Louis Pasteur

Suggested Topics

Axis & Allies Boardgaming Custom Painted Miniatures

Users

Topics

1.7m