• i find it wise to attack allaska o your first or second
    turn as Japan for several resons. First it provides 2 ipc’s and Second it will make the allies spend more time defending then pushing into your tarritory. and finaly it Freeks the sh*t out of the U.S.

• not first turn, hawaii to worry about, not until third or fourth because of the very important need of putting troops in asia. I find that doing it then also distracts the US from germany and pulls much of the units in NA to Alaska. Therefore it is worthwile to land at least 6-8 inf in there. If they leave it alone, then leave it alone until later when you have the options of taking W U.S. or more;(and get an extra 2 IPC a turn from the US). I find that trying to mount an assault on the US as Japan from alaska is difficult as long as there is anything in W U.S. (due to the difficulty to transport tanks, 2 man perturn limit on IC in ALaska, distance from Japan which gives US time to prepare, etc.) I like to only do the assault if Germany is going to be in trouble soon or they ignore me.

• Moving this to the Axis and Allies Forum.

• why should you attack the american fleet? america can’t land on japan if they wanted to.

please help me if my strat is flawed. if you use the carrier to assist on the attack on India and if america decides to build up in pacific, just bring your fleet to japan and defend.

if america builds up fully in the east, don’t they waste valuable resources of attacking germany?

• yeah but japan wastes sorly neede resources in asia, to aid Germany.

• Japan could care less about the American fleet…if Germany could.

• Well look at it this way. If you don’t attack the Americans at Pearl Harbor they can transport their fleet through to Panama Canal to the Atlantic. This mears, not only do the Americas save a valuable ftr. but they no longer need to spend money to build a Navy capable of meeting the German Luftwaffe head on. This greatly speeds up the invasion of Western Europe, Germany, or Africa.

• britain can build a carrier in turn one, and if america helps out with the little resources they have on turn one to protect the carrier, germany would have to delay an attack on karelia if they diverted aircraft. all works ti the allies advantage.

• Yes. Definately I would build a carrier for UK first turn with either USSR or USA planes reinforcing it. Germany would be stupid to attack such a floating fortress.

• And building an aircraft carrier also serves to take more resources from asia; how convenient. Just letting Japan have India and most of the surrounding territorys is always high on my list as Britian.

• On 2002-03-12 17:01, bossk wrote:
    And building an aircraft carrier also serves to take more resources from asia; how convenient. Just letting Japan have India and most of the surrounding territorys is always high on my list as Britian.

I’m assuming this is meant to be sarcastic. if so, I wholeheartedly agree…

Ozone27

• What use is it if India is to be taken by Japan on the very first turn?

Suggested Topics

Axis & Allies Boardgaming Custom Painted Miniatures

Users

Topics

1.7m