• @ABWorsham:

Wade Phillips is a great defensive coach, not head coach material. I listen to a couple of press conferences a week; he comes across as weak. No backbone. He refuses to call out players for dumb mistakes.

Jason Garett was stupid not taking the head coach job in Baltimore. I think the head coaching door has closed on him.

Romo, I do think he is a top ten qb in the NFL. He has had five interceptions this year off deflections. My problem with Romo is his unwillingness to take leadership on the sidelines. Like it or not, a qb is a leadership postion.

The Defence runs a great scheme. D Ware is a monster. However the defence has no ‘ball hawk’.The team has been in the bottom half the past ten years in interceptions.  And they have very little attitude, to many ‘good ol’ boys.

I must have missed the interceptions on deflections cause it sure looked like to me in the last game he was throwing into double coverage or right at the Titans.

I don’t think they really need to focus on getting interceptions.  Sure, they are great to get, but overall D is better.  For instance, I have the Ravens D in fantasy.  Last I checked, they had no interceptions (effectively getting me hardly any points each week), but they also had the best defense (yards allowed) in the league.  Ware, Brooking, maybe even Ratliff could head the D.

Romo sure does need to step it up.  Barber always looks pumped, but I have a good feeling about Felix Jones taking his spot.  I think Austin would be a likely captain/cocaptain as he always seems positive and comes through.

On another note, I am impressed with Roy Williams this year.  He’s actually doing something, keeping quiet, and looks like a changed man.

And how about them Rangers???!?!?  :mrgreen:

• I have a question for the Cowboys fans. Why are they called America’s Team? I live in Omaha, NE and follow the Chiefs. I do not like Dallas and find it insulting that the blanket statement means that everyone likes Dallas. I do not. My 2 favorite teams are Kansas City and whoever is playing against Dallas or Denver. Why not say that the Chiefs are America’s Team? Would Cowboy fans like that? I don’t mean to sound like an a**hole but it just irks me to no end to hear that every time someone on tv is talking about Dallas and I want to understand why it is said in the first place.

• @skinny1:

I have a question for the Cowboys fans. Why are they called America’s Team? I live in Omaha, NE and follow the Chiefs. I do not like Dallas and find it insulting that the blanket statement means that everyone likes Dallas. I do not. My 2 favorite teams are Kansas City and whoever is playing against Dallas or Denver. Why not say that the Chiefs are America’s Team? Would Cowboy fans like that? I don’t mean to sound like an a**hole but it just irks me to no end to hear that every time someone on tv is talking about Dallas and I want to understand why it is said in the first place.

You can thank NFL Films for the title America’s Team. The title offered to the cowboys or Steelers. The Steelers thought it would cause problems, the Cowboys jumped on it. I don’t think the name would have stuck if Roger Staubach had not been the qb, he was a personality that the country liked.

• @skinny1:

I have a question for the Cowboys fans. Why are they called America’s Team? I live in Omaha, NE and follow the Chiefs. I do not like Dallas and find it insulting that the blanket statement means that everyone likes Dallas. I do not. My 2 favorite teams are Kansas City and whoever is playing against Dallas or Denver. Why not say that the Chiefs are America’s Team? Would Cowboy fans like that? I don’t mean to sound like an a**hole but it just irks me to no end to hear that every time someone on tv is talking about Dallas and I want to understand why it is said in the first place.

The media keeps up with it.  I’ve never heard a Cowboys fan or a member of the team call them that.

• @Jermofoot:

@skinny1:

The media keeps up with it.  I’ve never heard a Cowboys fan or a member of the team call them that.

Fair enough. It is just really irritating to hear it and feel like I am being forced to be a fan of a team that I really can’t stand.

• @skinny1:

@Jermofoot:

@skinny1:

Fair enough. It is just really irritating to hear it and feel like I am being forced to be a fan of a team that I really can’t stand.

If this bugs you about TV then you must not watch much of it (which is a good thing).  There are bigger things to worry about…

But really the Cowboys are to the NFL what the Yankees are to MLB, Lakers to NBA, Red Wings to NHL…i.e., where all the money goes.

• @skinny1:

@Jermofoot:

@skinny1:

Who is forcing you to be a Cowboy fan?

• What you guys think about the Wade Phillips getting fired as Cowboys head coach?

• @ABWorsham:

What you guys think about the Wade Phillips getting fired as Cowboys head coach?

I don’t think he was a huge problem, but he definitely was part of the issue especially when it came to raising hell how the Boys are losing.  Honestly I don’t have much hope for Jason, and think Jerry needs start by removing himself from GM.

• Cowboys are 1-7 as far as I know. GO Panthers.

• @Jermofoot:

@ABWorsham:

What you guys think about the Wade Phillips getting fired as Cowboys head coach?

I don’t think he was a huge problem, but he definitely was part of the issue especially when it came to raising hell how the Boys are losing.  Honestly I don’t have much hope for Jason, and think Jerry needs start by removing himself from GM.

I think his ‘player coach’ attitude slowly worn on the organization. I know he didnt cause the bad choices on the field, but someone’s head needed to roll.

Suggested Topics

Axis & Allies Boardgaming Custom Painted Miniatures

Users

Topics

1.7m