• can planes scramble from an island with an airport against sub attacks if there is no destroyer in the zone being attacked?
    ie
    4jap ftrs in borneo, with an airbase; 1cv 1ftr 1tac 1bb in z43

anzac attacks z43 with 1ss z35, 1ss z36, 1ss z37, 1ss z45, 1ss z42

if anzac bring a ftr along to attack z43, could the jap ftrs could scramble then?

• No man, fighters only aint gonna scramble to subs only. They need the destroyer to find them.

But if the attacker move in a fighter to join the attack, then the defending airforce might scramble to fight the fighter, but no airplane hits can be assigned to the subs as there are no destroyer present.

The battle will be as follow:

1- ANZAC combat move into seazone 43.
    2- Japan commit fighters for scrambling duty.
    3- ANZAC subs roll dice.
    4- Japan must remove all casualties and they dont shot back as there are no destroyer present.
    5- ANZAC fighter roll die.
    6- Japan assign the casualty of the fighter and move it to casualty zone, since it may fire back.
    7- Japan roll dice, starting with lowest numbers wich happens to be the carrier. If hit, remove a sub. Then Japan roll for the Tac’s, and then for the fighters. If hit, they must take out the attacking fighter. Then BB roll and may kill a sub if lucky.

• @Razor:

7- Japan roll dice, starting with lowest numbers wich happens to be the carrier. If hit, remove a sub. Then Japan roll for the Tac’s, and then for the fighters. If hit, they must take out the attacking fighter. Then BB roll and may kill a sub if lucky.

Where in the rules does it say you gotta roll from the lowest number first? I’m pretty sure you can roll in any order as long as you declare which you’re rolling for. “I’m rolling 2@3    first” “okay now I’m rolling for my 1s”

• They can’t hit the subs, or be hit by the subs. So, what would be the point?

I would say they can still scramble, if they want. There is an attack occurig in the sea zone, that is what allows them to scramble.

They defend on a 4.

If they hit, none of their hits can be assigned to the submarines.

They may not be removed as casualties, if the subs cause hits.

• @moompix:

They can’t hit the subs, or be hit by the subs. So, what would be the point?

just a question dude.  maybe some new thing with the whole “scramble” thing.

Suggested Topics

Axis & Allies Boardgaming Custom Painted Miniatures

Users

Topics

1.7m