• SO I’ve been playing 1942, only have a few games under my belt.

I’m sure this has been asked a MILLION times, but I seriously need some clarification on subs.

1. With no destroyer present - Do they only fire ONCE while in battle? If a sub hits, can another sub be taken as a casuality? 
    2. If sub attacks sub, do they only fire at each other once or does battle continue for more than one round?
    3. With no destroyer present - If sub fires, and misses, does the opponent get to fire back at all? If sub DOES hit and destroys the only target, I understand that the opponent does not get to fire back, an I understanding incorrectly?

Thank you for the help!

• Official Q&A

@CptnKeener:

1. With no destroyer present - Do they only fire ONCE while in battle?

Once per round.  If there is no destroyer, they fire in step 2, otherwise they fire in step 3 or 4.  Steps 2-6 occur in each combat round.

@CptnKeener:

If a sub hits, can another sub be taken as a casuality?

Yes.

@CptnKeener:

2. If sub attacks sub, do they only fire at each other once or does battle continue for more than one round?

The battle continues until one is hit or submerges.

@CptnKeener:

3. With no destroyer present - If sub fires, and misses, does the opponent get to fire back at all?

Yes.

@CptnKeener:

If sub DOES hit and destroys the only target, I understand that the opponent does not get to fire back, an I understanding incorrectly?

Any ship sunk by a sub with no friendly destroyer present does not return fire, unless it’s a sub.  Since sub fire is simultaneous, two subs can sink each other.

• Thanks for the quick reply!  :-)

Suggested Topics

Axis & Allies Boardgaming Custom Painted Miniatures

Users

Topics

1.7m