• Ok, sounds like a lot of guys think it is not necessary to take London to win?
    For sure you already have your “sealion” invading force on the board by turn 2 (as demonstrate by Siredblood) but i have to admit that 63 IPC for those 9 missing transports is a lot of money!

The main (and maybe only) reason why i thought about taking London (besides extra IPC) was to prevent US/ UK from using it as a launching platform to bomb/ invade mainland Europe by turn 5 and up!!

My current plan is this (almost cut/ paste from Siredblood’s Cobra-Kaï):
    G1:
    Eliminate Royal Navy in SZ106, 110, 111
    Take France (leave normandy/ south France to Italy)
    Ping-Pong Yugoslavia back in Romania (Leave it to Italy)
    Barbarossa (Bessarabia + Eastern Poland)
    Of course annex both Finland and Bulgaria
    Build a Minor Complex in Romania (to pump tanks all along)
    put a destroyer in SZ113 and regroup navy.
    Italy 1
    Buy 1 tank & 1 mech (to speed up with both tank from Albania/ North Italy and meet German forces near Bessarabia)

G2
    Retake Bessarabia (unless Russian player is too dumb to give it a thought)
    Take West. Ukraine
    Strategic bombing of London
    Move all my “Sealion” forces into West. Germany/ Germany (to "bluff away" Sealion)
    Pump 3 tanks in Romania and keep all the rest of my IPC (42) to keep my opponent in the dark as much as possible!

G3
    Take Ukraine
    Drop 9 transports in SZ113 + 3 tanks in Romania
    Italy 3
    “can open” Rostov with tanks and all air force!

G4
    Tank rush into Stalingrad with all tanks and air power (2 Tac, 2 Strategic)
    “Sealion”! Bouum!
    Pump 3 tanks in Romania and in Ukraine
    Move back 6 of the 7 guys from Finland to Norway (will bridge to uk/ Scotland in T5)

G5
    Rebuild forces in Stalingrad/ Ukraine, bring some planes
    Strat bombing Moscow
    Bridge some infantry from Norway to London and 1 to take Scotland
    Buy a max of aircraft (strat. and Fighters)
    Italy 5
    “Regroup and can open” Tambov or Briansk with tanks and all air force!

G6
    Moscow boum!

By then the Axis should have 8 victory cities (Italy’s role is to take Cairo and reinforce by turn 4 max)
    I don’t even give a rat ass about Leningrad as it is already way too strong right off the bat!

Also on turn 6 i would start to take back infantry Eastern Poland/ Baltic states/ Romania that might be scattered to turtle them up on Warsaw!
    At this point the goal is to hang on tight for 1 turn!

Of course all along Italy is putting 3 infantry per turn on South France and move them to Paris on turn5
    Italy is also to put 1 destroyer in SZ92 on T4 simply to delay US and buy Axis 1 turn.

This strategy is stretched to the max and of course bad/good rolls might turn it into either a brilliant victory or a shameful beating!

Any piece of advise or parts that i am missing?

Suggested Topics

Axis & Allies Boardgaming Custom Painted Miniatures

Users

Topics

1.7m