• These are not AA&M or A&A, but they will be used with those pieces in a hybrid game. Not a whole lot bigger than the infantry in either AA&M or A&A, they have a bit more detail to work with.
      These are examples of my “normal” paint job. Not generic by any means, but rifle stocks, shovel handles, ammo pouches, etc, are only painted a single brown, and not highlighted like I would for the “extra-fine” detail jobs. Faces are painted and flesh-washed, but eye-balls not added. Tiny buckles & buttons not painted, and the extra-tiny insignias left off.

• This is probibly not the right place to post this as it dosn’t concern Miniatures Gaming, but as I use these figs for A@A board gaming I actually mount my A@A figs on penneys, elmer glue on sand and wild grass seed pods. Then I paint when the glue is dry. I paint the color of the nation on the edge of the penny to help identify it better. The penny base fits very nicely on a stack of chips too.
    Your pictures with the penny for size comparrison reminded me of this, so forgive me for getting off track.
      Happy Gaming!
      P.S. Nice paint jobs by the way.  :wink:

• Thanks. I have been known to use pennies as bases too. Especially if you go out an look for something to make bases out of, they all cost more than $0.01 each. Heck, bingo chips work good too, but they cost more than $0.01 too, lol. I paint and use pennies for all sorts of markers, including: Land mines, newly made shell craters, tank obstacle bases, etc. Odds are, whatever you mount on top of the pennies are worth more than the pennies themsleves. Since they arent worth saving to use at the store, I save a HUGE jar of pennies for all sorts of uses (anything except currency). I usually do my war games on 5/8 inch hex maps, and I couldnt get by without all my pennies. I just thought of a new use, too. I like to be able to blow up the buildings I put out on a map, and I bet I could glue thick grey felt to them, and have removable buildings?
      I imiagine your using them for bases also provides a very stable piece, which wont tip over.

Suggested Topics

Axis & Allies Boardgaming Custom Painted Miniatures

Users

Topics

1.7m