• Ive seen some nice charts that folks made up in order to keep track of the IPC’s.But Ive got a question. Wouldnt it be easier to just move the counter on the chart back and forth after each turn or am I missing something here? :|

• Because making a separate chart and using the counter for the current IPC value of territories is easier than counting the territories every single time at the end of a players turn. If you wouldn’t get the IPCs at the end of the turn but at the end of the round and if you couldn’t save IPCs for the next round, then there would be no need for that. And there a Bombing Raids aswell, so a chart or some piece of paper is needed.

• Im not quite sure I understand. Im a bit confused because I see some versions of the game with printed money (I dont know what thats for), and I just dont understand what a seperate piece of paper is needed for. I assumed that after each players turn, you simply adjusted your IPC value according to territories gained and lost. Can anybody clarify this, because Im pulling out my hair trying to understand.

• OK, Ive printed out the paper money. How do I go about using it?

• What you collect each turn for IPCs is how much money you get

• When I play with my friends, we do what you propose; we count the IPC value of a country at the end of its turn.  We find this to be simple because we simply count the IPC difference for each territory, and add this (or subtract) from the default IPC for this nation.

We find that when we adjust the tokens for all countries, that this is a very error prone method, and it forces us to do counting that is not necessary.  All that is necessary is to know how much your nation is worth at the end of your turn.  At all other times this information is useless.

But, you should still use paper money, because you collect money at the end of your turn, and you may also have saved some money from your previous turn phase.  The amount of money that you have in pocket is generally not the same as your IPC value at any given moment in the game.

Suggested Topics

Axis & Allies Boardgaming Custom Painted Miniatures

Users

Topics

1.7m