Need help getting started again!

• Years ago I was an avid A&A player, but have been dormant for quiet sometime, years, I would like to become active again.  I’ve searched the net and left utterly confused as to where to go next!  I still have my old A&A CD, but I’m sure it is way out of date.  I’ve never played the new version where Italy is it’s own power.

I would appreciate it if someone would take a few minutes to “spoon feed” me and help me get going again.

Where is the best place to get the New SW?  Where is the best place to play live online games?  etc.

thanks

• Bill, if your still out there, here’s some basic info.  (Sorry no one bothered to respond earlier, I just recently registered here myself.)

If your talking about the 1998 A&A CD which uses 2nd & 3rd editions rules, you are in luck.  A couple other web sites are better geared toward that format.  I believe this site is used by predominantly gamers utilizing the board game via face-to-face (F2F), play by forum (PBF) and play by email (PBEM).

AAWC.org & ewarzone.com both have a patch you can download.  _Plonitus & aqrit have done a ton of work over there to keep the '98 CD alive.  War Zone also is a game host site to play it online.

There are oodles more A&A options out there, just not so much for the '98 CD players.  As you may have noticed, there is a plethora of mutations of A&A games on the market now with lots of different scenarios, rules variations, etc. giving folks lots of flavors to choose from.

This is just the tip of the iceberg, I didn’t even touch on the A&A Iron Blitz or A&A RTS CDs.

Suggested Topics

Axis & Allies Boardgaming Custom Painted Miniatures

Users

Topics

1.7m