Italy: About 6 IPC’S
    Japan: 8 IPC’S
    Spain: None
    Canada: 4 IPC’S
    Australia: 2 IPC’S
    New Zealand: 1 IPC
    China: (Modern Map) 10 IPC’S

Does that make any sense

• Yes and no. Doing that forces everyone to buy cheap units. Which doesnt make for a very fun game. But yeah your numbwes make sense. Wheres Australia?

• @idk_iam_swiss:

Yes and no. Doing that forces everyone to buy cheap units. Which doesnt make for a very fun game. But yeah your numbwes make sense. Wheres Australia?

Between Canada and New Zealand

• '12

If by ‘real’ you mean actual wartime GDP ratios then I would have to disagree with the ratios.  If you mean IPC values from the map based on their war-time geography then yeah I guess, 'cept I don’t get China’s values.  For a bit of information on real wartime GDP of the powers I did a bit of research, ya might find it interesting.  What I found interesting as a Canuck ie 10% US GDP is that Canada produced more military trucks than the entire axis powers and the USSR combined.  I’m not impressed they have us down for zero bombers produced, mind you 430 Lancaster B Xs compared to over 97,000 by the Yanks……might as well be zero!

http://www.onwar.com/articles/0302.htm

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Military_production_during_World_War_II

• Yes, but weren’t nearly all those bombers and trucks sent far away from Canada? So the game just makes it more simple and puts the value in the places the vehicles went to?

• '12

Well almost all the war materials Canada produced were sent far away, same as the United States……  The values of Canada’s territories in the game are probably over-inflated, no way was Canada 50% of Englands production.  The concept that the game was made more simple by putting the value in where the products went to would have have the continental united states having a value of about 1 since 95% of what was produced there was sent abroad.  Would that mean the atlantic ocean would have some values as much of what was produced was sunk by U-boats?  Hawaii would then have a value of 10…

• @MrMalachiCrunch:

Well almost all the war materials Canada produced were sent far away, same as the United States……  The values of Canada’s territories in the game are probably over-inflated, no way was Canada 50% of Englands production.  The concept that the game was made more simple by putting the value in where the products went to would have have the continental united states having a value of about 1 since 95% of what was produced there was sent abroad.  Would that mean the atlantic ocean would have some values as much of what was produced was sunk by U-boats?  Hawaii would then have a value of 10…

But that assumes that when your enemy captures the territory, you still ship tose things to them

• @Dylan:

USSR: 24 IPC’S
    USA (including Alaska and Hawaii) 31 IPC’S
    Germany: 10 IPC’S
    UK: 8 IPC’S
    France: About 6 IPC’S

Does that make any sense

Actually, Ukraine, Belorussia, and West Russia were part of the USSR, so its total value would be 31.

• @calvinhobbesliker:

@Dylan:

Does that make any sense

Actually, Ukraine, Belorussia, and West Russia were part of the USSR, so its total value would be 31.

Oh right. Well for Russias modern map they have 24, minus Kazakh, Ukraine, Belorussia, and West Russia would be in their control as you said, roughly so about 24 I guess, a no that wasnt what I was thinking.

• @Dylan:

@calvinhobbesliker:

@Dylan:

Does that make any sense

Oh right. Well for Russias modern map they have 24, minus Kazakh, Ukraine, Belorussia, and West Russia would be in their control as you said, roughly so about 24 I guess, a no that wasnt what I was thinking.

They do have West Russia

Suggested Topics

Axis & Allies Boardgaming Custom Painted Miniatures

Users

Topics

1.7m