• I think these territories might be like French Indo-China and New Hebrides in the Pacific. Just there, per say. They’ll be empty, and can only be accessed by sending a land unit. If the French do have some colonial garrison left, it won’t be much…

• @Admiral:

I think these territories might be like French Indo-China and New Hebrides in the Pacific. Just there, per say. They’ll be empty, and can only be accessed by sending a land unit. If the French do have some colonial garrison left, it won’t be much…

I think in the global game there should have some garrison. Probably just an Inf

• @finnman:

@Admiral:

I think these territories might be like French Indo-China and New Hebrides in the Pacific. Just there, per say. They’ll be empty, and can only be accessed by sending a land unit. If the French do have some colonial garrison left, it won’t be much…

I think in the global game there should have some garrison. Probably just an Inf

Yeah, I agree. Probably scattered about, though North African French units are guaranteed, maybe in Syria and Madagascar as well. I also now think the French fleet will have at least one transport.

• why was france even added if they arent capible of doing their part in history
    Change sides frequently and to the detrement of their allies

• @oztea:

why was france even added if they arent capible of doing their part in history
    Change sides frequently and to the detrement of their allies

There is definitely need for improvement in this “King of A and A games”. Oh well. At the rate they’re churning them out, we should see the next one by like 2012 (of course, that’s when the world will be ending apparently so we’d better get it right this time.)

• This is a very sticky situation
    On the one hand empty french territory, leaves for Allied Madagascar, Which is just wrong historically.
    On the other hand this IS a game and cannot be plagued by political rules, which are going to be a problem no matter what in 1940. The whole game is in quite a fix, but in the end we’ll all buy it and love it.

However I hope Flashman’s idea comes out the winner

• @Croesus:

This is a very sticky situation
    On the one hand empty french territory, leaves for Allied Madagascar, Which is just wrong historically.
    On the other hand this IS a game and cannot be plagued by political rules, which are going to be a problem no matter what in 1940. The whole game is in quite a fix, but in the end we’ll all buy it and love it.

However I hope Flashman’s idea comes out the winner

I agree, I do like Flashman’s ideas. Hopefully, Larry gets this right.

• i think that vichy rules are cool for historical accuracy, but they are confusing sometimes and definately slow the game down. everytime ive tried to use vichy rules applied as soon as france or paris falls, out comes the rule book and the momentum of the game takes a nosedive. how much does this really impact the game anyway? probably better off letting the gemans run over the rest of frech controlled territorys in africa and letting the u.s. and the brits decide if they want to defend them or take them back. french navy can ethier go to brits, germans, or be scuttled per zeno world at war rules.
    what does anyone think?
    by the way happy easter!

• by the way,
    reading all the posts on french territorys in africa. all great ideas, with bases in dakar andsub bases in madagascar, but how in the world can they fit those places in on the upcomming AAE40 and keep it in scale with the AAP40 map? somebody explain how this can possibily work.

• @lnmajor:

by the way,
    reading all the posts on french territorys in africa. all great ideas, with bases in dakar andsub bases in madagascar, but how in the world can they fit those places in on the upcomming AAE40 and keep it in scale with the AAP40 map? somebody explain how this can possibily work.

I am sure they made both maps before they released Pacific or at least had a good idea of what it was going to look like.

Suggested Topics

Axis & Allies Boardgaming Custom Painted Miniatures

Users

Topics

1.7m