• How do you tell a good player from a bad player?
    The good player uses his bomber for a bombing run.
    The bad player uses his bomber to overwhelm the opponent in a battle that is already won because the numbers tell him that bombing is “inefficient”.

• In AA there are no battles that are sure things so from this point of view it is perfectly valid to use a bomber for insurance rather than to scrap a little more from your opponent.  Additionally, SBRs are not sure things either since 1/6 bombers will be shot down.

I would say a bad player is one that mistakes givens as absolutes rather than understanding them to be probabilities.

• @limitedwhole:

How do you tell a good player from a bad player?
    The good player uses his bomber for a bombing run.
    The bad player uses his bomber to overwhelm the opponent in a battle that is already won because the numbers tell him that bombing is “inefficient”.

Actually, a good player will use their BOM to improve the odds in a major battle.  They use their BOM to shift the odds from an 80% win to a 90% win, and win the battle with more INF alive at the end because of the extra hits each round from the BOM.

For example:
    10 INF, 4 ARM attacking 12 INF is a win for the attacker.
    Without a BOM, they take the territory with 1 INF and 4 ARM on average.
    With a BOM they take with 3 INF and 4 ARM. on average.

That means I am less likely to lose the territory on counter attack, and that I will have more strength, and more fodder, for the NEXT attack… an attack that will also be supported by my BOM.

It also means I have 6 IPC extra units over my enemy by using that BOM in comabt, instead of my opponent having 3.5 IPC less from an SBR.  Using the BOM on attack comes out 1 INF better in this example.

• I agree with the last two posts.

I will use a bomber in a large battle anyday above and beyond using it in a bombing run. I only will use my bombers in a bombing run if there is no possible use I can get from the bomber that turn.

Looks like by your definition, limitedwhole, all of us must be “bad players” and you are the only “good player” here. You really should start playing on these forums so that you can teach us all a lesson. I am sure we have much to learn from your superior playing.

• I like his cocky nature though. It reminds me of me. Not boring at least!!

Suggested Topics

Axis & Allies Boardgaming Custom Painted Miniatures

Users

Topics

1.7m