• This email i received from a colleague here:

SAN FRANCISCO MAN BECOMES FIRST AMERICAN TO GRASP SIGNIFICANCE OF IRONY

Jay Fullmer, 38, yesterday became the first American to come to grips with the concept of irony.
    “It was weird” Fullmer said. "I was in London and like, talking to this guy
    and it was raining and he pulled a face and said, “Great weather eh?” and I thought-

“Wait a minute, no way is it great weather”.

Fullmer then realised that the other man’s ‘mistake’ was in fact deliberate.
    Fullmer, who is 39 next month and married with two children, aged 8 and 3, plans to use irony frequently himself in future.

“I’m, like, using it all the time” he said. "Last weekend I was grilling
    steaks and I burned them and I said

“Hey, great weather.”

……

note, this mail was sent to me by an Australian

• I think you can blame Canada for this one. Alanis Morrisette gave Americans a bad cluster of examples of irony which were not irony at all. They should know better than to take a former solid gold dancer seriously when it comes to English grammer.

• yea, i agree with the guest on this one. you are both gay

• CC Wrote:

I think you can blame Canada for this one. Alanis Morrisette gave Americans a bad cluster of examples of irony which were not irony at all. They should know better than to take a former solid gold dancer seriously when it comes to English grammer.

fights urge gives up

“BLAME CANADA! BLAME CANADA! With all their hockey hullabaloo, and that bitch Anne Murray too. BLAME CANADA! SHAME ON CANADA! They’re not even a real country anyway…”

-South Park the movie (for those of you pathetic people who dont watch it)

• http://www.kth.cx/up/j/JewOwned.jpg this explains hwo Falk was handled in this thread :)

• @Janus1:

yea, i agree with the guest on this one. you are both gay

which guest?

• the one that replied to falk originally. the post was deleted by CC or yanny i presume. the “guest” was NatFedMike

Suggested Topics

Axis & Allies Boardgaming Custom Painted Miniatures

Users

Topics

1.7m