Hi everyone! First time poster here. I’m interested in finding out what all the differences are between Classic and LHTR regarding transport movement rules. As far as I can tell, the rulesets are largely the same, in that:
- On a turn, a transport can load up to twice and/or move up to twice (in any order). Then it can offload one or both units.
- Moving into a hostile sea zone ends a transport’s movement.
- Any unit that loads during combat movement must attempt to participate in combat.
- Taking any action during combat movement or the combat phase prevents a transport from all activity during non-combat movement.
After some digging, the main differences I’ve been able to identify from official sources and the rulings here are:
- Capacity (2 inf or 1 tank or 1 AA vs. 1 inf + 1 other land unit)
- In Classic, a transport can split its offload into two different territories during non-combat movement only.
- In Classic, a transport can load in a hostile sea zone. (!)
- In Classic, a rocket-AA can load and offload during combat movement.
Is my understanding of all that correct? Is there anything I’m missing?
Thanks in advance!