Hello everyone! I’m JMan! Kinda new to A&A but I’m hooked already!
Apologies in advance… I’m VERY unfamiliar with how these forums work (take a look at my profile and you’ll see I literally joined a few minutes ago), but after listening @Young Grasshopper speak about the forums, I felt it was the fastest way to get multiple questions answered. I’m 100% positive that all of these have been answered before, but I’m hopeless in attempting to navigate finding the answers to them through the hundreds of threads here. Without further rambling, here we go! Thanks in advance!
1. Transports- When moving units with transports, i have 4 questions
- Can you load into the same Seazone from 2 different territories onto the same boat? (I’ve been playing as if this were true)
- Can you load a unit onto a transport, then move the transport to pick up another unit, then move it a second/third time to drop units? (I’ve been playing as if this was false due to “all movements are simultaneous”)
- Can a transport drop from the same Seazone into two different territories on the same turn? (Again, I’d assume you cannot)
2. As you know, there are heavy restrictions on The United States in terms of movement while not at war. Do restrictions in the European theatre get lifted once The US is at war with Japan? (Specifically, can The US jump on Brazil while not being at war with Italy & Germany, but being at war with Japan?)
3. Can an enemy power drop a newly built warship into a Seazone containing exclusively enemy warships? And if so, does the enemy power have the option to retreat during their next turn? Would this be a strategy to allow Japan to initiate a battle to then take advantage of Kamikaze tokens? As the resulting battle would take place during an enemy power’s combat, thus Japan would be “defending” and eligible to use Kamikazes?
4. Can enemy bombers & escorts fly over Seazones containing exclusively enemy warships while conducting strategic bombing raids?
5. Can China place newly purchased units on newly captured territory? And can this territory be “Chinese Territory”, yet, “originally controlled by Japan” (starting the game under Japanese control, yet having the Chinese symbol) (Example: Kiangsi)