I played AA DDAY for the first time last night and I noticed there were many glaring omissions to the rules:
1. There is no mention in the rules what happens after you’ve received all of the reinforcements listed. I assume that no one obtains any new units after they reach the end of the reinforcement board, regardless of casualties?
2. Once planes/bombers are destroyed, they don’t return unless a fortune card permits it?
3. The naval bombardment–the card says “roll 6 dice”–is that 6 total or 12 total (1 x for each allied player)?
4. Can the naval bombardment be used to attack the blockhouses on the coasts that are not part of the initial beachhead? (Cherbourg and west?)
5. Also, I see others have complained about the axis having a large advantage, is there a rule or gameplay fix that evens this out a bit?
Any clarification would be greatly appreciated! (I find it strange that Avalon Hill did not think to add these to the rules!)