How long do your board games usually last?

• man i like to try out radical new strategies but they never backfire quite that much.

• My radical and new strategies always seem to backfire. Of course, thats the second time I use them. They work while they are still “Radical and New”.

• Once I watched in horror as I played Japan (doing good too), and my friend played Germany….against my advice he moved just about everything out of Germany to make a strong push on Russia…big mistake. He lost Germany but gained it back…but too little, too late. Britains huge cash infusion made them a force not to be reckoned with. I was choked…and threw in the towel after round three.
    My friend is well known amongst our group for taking huge risks by leaving the capitals vulnerable. argggghh…oh well…just a game.

• my radical strategies backfire too but I can at least stay in the game for 8 or 10 turns.

• I took a guy out in two rounds once and had

a game go 79 rounds. It was a slugout!

• I find ten turns about usual in a three or more player game. Usually less with radical strategies.

• Believe it or not, I saw a game take place for 36 hours. (only the end). The players played all day, then slept with guards at the board who weren’t playing, and then played all the next day. They called it, after Germany fell.

• Lol, I’ve played twice, will again tomorrow, but our second game went a good,lol 11 turns. It looked like it was over when Germany took Moscow, but U.K. hit him with the RAF hard in W.E. and Germany. Then I took western Europe, and Germany had thrown all his guys to Russia. He didn’t make it back until U.K. and myself had blocked him off, putting all of our men in eastern Europe. Kinda weird having an army lose their capital while occupying another one…… but the Axis guys surrendered, because they weren’t gonna take Europe back, heh heh.

• I have played 6 games.

My first game lasted until Britain fell, about 7 hours.

My second game was 4 hours.

My third game was 4 hours.

My fourth game was another 4 hours (against the same person.)

My fifth game during the superbowl lasted 2 and a half hours (Allies fell) and

My sixth game had no clear victor and we called it quits when they kicked us out of my old elementary school (7 hour game.)

We play with all normal rules besides we play World Domination and Russia doesn’t attack on first turn. The next game we play, we plan to put aside and continue it to the bitter end.

The longest game I heard of was over 50 hours, and America won.

• just finished a great game. 112 turns (I like to keep track) 75 hours roughly. I lost, playing Allies. Damn was that fun!

Suggested Topics

Axis & Allies Boardgaming Custom Painted Miniatures

Users

Topics

1.7m