• Customizer

Not to be a jerk or anything, but I would appreciate if people stopped stealing my avatar. (The AAG40 spinning globe) It took quite a while to get it looking good and right and wasn’t easy to create. It really annoys me that only a day or so after I posted it at least three different people are using it. Custom avatars are intended to be unique and to help identify people. If I had wanted everyone to spam my avatar I would have posted a direct download link and encouraged others to download it. I don’t feel that this is too much to ask for this one thing given all the effort I put into creating charts and aids for the community. (None of which I actually use.)

Thank you for your consideration,
    Bob_A_Mickelson

• Customizer

Sorry if I came across as a bit moody. Please understand that I did the spinning globe project ( which took many hours) for my personal use. I realize that many of you had no idea that I did not intend to share it for others use, as I wasnt super clear on that point.

Seriously you guys the A&A community is awesome and I did not intend to offend.  If any of you were offended I am sorry, but my request still stands.

Thank you.

• I will gladly remove it, but do you know if I can put it as my desktop wallpaper?

• A perfectly reasonable request, in my opinion. We are indebted to Bob for all he has done for us in the A&A community.

• Customizer

Thank you. Unfortunately I don’t know how to use spinning gif image as a desktop image. I have a larger spinning globe (about 700 pixels) that I created. I am willing to share that if requested.

• @Bob_A_Mickelson:

Thank you. Unfortunately I don’t know how to use spinning gif image as a desktop image. I have a larger spinning globe (about 700 pixels) that I created. I am willing to share that if requested.

Will the 700 one work as a desktop wall paper?

If not, I’d still be interested just to see a bigger globe. Thank you

• Customizer

I didn’t when I tried

• @Bob_A_Mickelson:

I didn’t when I tried

Ehh, it’s okay. Thanks for your contributions, though.

• Liaison TripleA '11 '10

WOOOO! As soon as I’m done work I am going to make that my Avatar!

That big fat globe is so BAD A $ $.  It’s all I ever dreamed of for a few minutes of work!

No wait I like mine… oh well…

Even better though, maybe we could sell it online?  Like people do with IL’s Maps…

The moral of the story? If you put it online, people are going to use it.  If you want it all for yourself, dont upload it.

Don’t be too bitter BOB!

• You should put a sticky on this

• Bob, do you mind if I use it on another site and give you credit?

• Customizer

@calvinhobbesliker:

Bob, do you mind if I use it on another site and give you credit?

Thats fine.

• @Bob_A_Mickelson:

@calvinhobbesliker:

Bob, do you mind if I use it on another site and give you credit?

Thats fine.

Thanks

• I just used it to bug Calvin who kept asking how to get his own.

Sort of a joke really.

• @Bob_A_Mickelson:

Not to be a jerk or anything, but I would appreciate if people stopped stealing my avatar. (The AAG40 spinning globe) It took quite a while to get it looking good and right and wasn’t easy to create. It really annoys me that only a day or so after I posted it at least three different people are using it. Custom avatars are intended to be unique and to help identify people. If I had wanted everyone to spam my avatar I would have posted a direct download link and encouraged others to download it. I don’t feel that this is too much to ask for this one thing given all the effort I put into creating charts and aids for the community. (None of which I actually use.)

Thank you for your consideration,
    Bob_A_Mickelson

HAHA big whoop for you.  At least YOU get to display a .gif avatar, the rest of us only get crappy .jpgs now.  Not even fair, we couldn’t display something like this even if we wanted to.  More like gloating that you can display it while we peons can’t.

• @SgtBlitz:

HAHA big whoop for you.  At least YOU get to display a .gif avatar, the rest of us only get crappy .jpgs now.  Not even fair, we couldn’t display something like this even if we wanted to.  More like gloating that you can display it while we peons can’t.

Don’t listen to this guy Bob, he’s just butthurt that they outlawed tortilla throwing in Lubbock.

Suggested Topics

Axis & Allies Boardgaming Custom Painted Miniatures

Users

Topics

1.7m