Excuse me but what the frack is this????

• interesting…

wondering what the other colors for countries are, says 8 and shows 6.  There are lots of specialty units listed on the website for the online game, and there are some in the picture close to the board that look like they could be those.  The one noticeably darker colored fighter in the purple group could be the specialty fighter listed, could be…

bgg post says board is roughly 19x35 trifold, but has nukes… niiiicce.

• the game includes about 468 pieces for only 20 bucks?

How in the hell can it be so cheap?

you can make out all the pieces and what they cost to produce and add the cost of the map, dice, tokens and wonder really how do they make money?

20 infantry
    12 tanks
    6 artillery
    2 BB
    2 CV
    6 subs
    6 transports
    4 super fighters
    8 fighters
    1 general

in 8 colors

plus 12 dice
    12 factories
    6 nukes
    6 other units

And they made this with no advertising or experience…just out of the blue basically… It makes no sence to me how they made this and how they still make money at $20 bucks a set.

• well i ordered 3 copies.

I will post everything once i get it.

Its a no brainer for $32.00 each my goodness.

• i’m with ya, gotta be something to utilize if nothing else… hard to imagine how to beat the price

• '18 '17 '16 '11 Moderator

Heck, the pieces alone are worth the cash.  Then again, I am really holding out to find someone to make pewter or lead pieces for me and then paint them in some uber-durable paint for my mega-uber-super board!

(Yes, I did get the colors to work.  My board can now change the color of a territory by pushing a button.  It’s more of a toggle switch with 7 settings, Neutral, Germany, Italy, Japan, America, Russia and England.  China uses America’s color.)  Used a bunch of those LED flashlights they sell at the PX.

Anyway, that’s another discussion.  I’ll have video when I’m completely done, dunno if Djensen will let me upload it or not though!

• for something like that i think that can definatly be front page material.

• $20 plus shipping?    :?

What a deal just for the pieces!  :lol:

Ordered mine today!    :-D

• @Imperious:

the game includes about 468 pieces for only 20 bucks?

How in the hell can it be so cheap?

you can make out all the pieces and what they cost to produce and add the cost of the map, dice, tokens and wonder really how do they make money?

20 infantry
    12 tanks
    6 artillery
    2 BB
    2 CV
    6 subs
    6 transports
    4 super fighters
    8 fighters
    1 general

in 8 colors

I received my copy of the game recently and the nation-specific pieces that come with the basic game are actually only in 6 colours.  I looked at the printed instruction manual (also available online at http://www.superpowersgame.com/docs/manual.pdf) and I noticed at the bottom of page 19 a note saying “For those who have mastered the game and are ready for more, there is an expansion pack available that has special unique General Bonus’s for each nation, plus Super-Weapon technologies and 2 more colors of pieces to allow for full scale 8-player games”.  This wasn’t clear from the producer’s ordering page at the time when I placed the order, but a note has since been added to it saying “Expansion pack coming summer 2009” (which gives a helpful timeframe, but still doesn’t make it clear that the expansion set provides two colours which aren’t in the base set).

CWO Marc

• LOL!

The rules look exactly like the old MB Axis and Allies rulebook!

You would swear that it was developed by them a long time ago and never released and somehow a batch of these games were found and sold. I still cant believe its so cheap and how something like this could be made with no advertising or knowledge of its release on any other site.

• I love this game. On page 15 they have a special rule just for france:

Any infantry defending in it defend at 1 rather than 2.  LMFAO!!!

The game allows you to nuke them but each bomb will cost me 20 IPC

Suggested Topics

Axis & Allies Boardgaming Custom Painted Miniatures

Users

Topics

1.7m