• Hey all,

Sorry if I am repeating previously asked questions, but could not find them through search.

1. Planes must land in territories with land units in them. Need they be your own? The use case I have in mind is GB flying planes over the channel to help France defend. This leads me to my next question…

2. If the above scenario would be ok, would defending French artillery get air superiority if the only plane there is British?

3. Can tanks/arts be alone? Or must every army have at least one infantry present? If they can be alone, can they capture territory?

4. Two questions on battleships; when they are supporting a land invasion, units they hit still get to fire back (unlike strafed units)? If all units they are supporting in a landing are destroyed prior to combat by art, do the battleships still get to fire?

5. There is no naval battleboard. Just wondering if anyone has a best practice around ship battles. Have only played once so everyone was afraid to use ships and did not come up much. Having read up on strategies now, seems like this is going to change in games moving forward.

6. Last question is around using another nation’s transport ship. As I understand it, it works like this (please correct and ridicule me if I am wrong here): During France’s turn, they move a transport to a sea zone bordering the United States (after they have entered the war). Then during the US turn, they move their units onto the French ship. Then during the French turn, they move the ship to a sea zone bordering wherever the US troops want to land. Then during the US turn, they move the land units onto land. Seems like any other way would involve one player actively using another’s pieces. But again, let me know if I am not hitting the nail on the head here!

Thanks everyone!

1. Yes, they need to be your own.

2. Not applicable (see 1)

3. No, they cannot.  They also must have at least 1 infantry present.

4. a)Yes, units hit do get to fire back. b) The rule book is not clear on this point.  However, I would say that yes you can still bombard.  While I can see an argument going the other way based on a certain interpretation of unclear rules, logically its likely that a battleship would not wait to bombard the shore until after the landing troops had been fired upon.

• Welcome wmorgan. Clarification on 2): all units must be accompanied by infantry belonging to that power so this scenario is invalid. However, suppose Germany sends infantry and artillery against a defending force comsisting of French infantry and artillery and British infantry and a British fighter. In this case the defending French artillery would have air supremacy, because all defending forces are considered together and the defenders have the only fighter.

1. you have it right.

Hope you enjoy the game. It isn’t perfect but I love it.

• Official Q&A

@JonathanMeyer:

1. a)Yes, units hit do get to fire back. b) The rule book is not clear on this point.  However, I would say that yes you can still bombard.  While I can see an argument going the other way based on a certain interpretation of unclear rules, logically its likely that a battleship would not wait to bombard the shore until after the landing troops had been fired upon.

You can still bombard.  Battleship bombardment is dependent upon the number of units that offloaded from transports, not how many of them actually made it ashore.

Suggested Topics

Axis & Allies Boardgaming Custom Painted Miniatures

Users

Topics

1.7m