• Given the amount of participation i’ve done in other posts, i realize i havn’t done these subjects much justice. . .
    A thought occurred to me in the shower today (well, many did, but i’ll conceal the majority of them from you :D ).
    One of the biggest deciding factors of the game is whether or not Germany can prevent ships from existing in the Atlantic for more than one turn.
    If the allies manage to get enough ships in, they will have enough eventually to overwhelm the luftwaffe, and eventually land troops in Karelia allowing Russia to stave off attacks by Japan OR allowing for D-Day, Operation Torch, etc.
    If the Germans can keep the allies out of the sea, then they have some breathing room, and can keep Russia occupied until Japan parties it up in Moscow.

Questions: What other “if-then” scenarios do you find to be this (or more) important?

• I think there is no way for Germany to prevent, not even hinder, the US from building large amounts of transports. I think Germany should concentrate its air units against the Royal Navy before the US can reinforce them with more ships. I figure the US can’t take Africa and invade Eastern Europe without help from Great Britain. So if you can keep British ships out of the water for a couple of turns, the Axis will be on its way toward victory.

• Yeah, there isn’t much the Axis and do to counter a large US and UK build of transports other than squander the Luftwaffe in a decisive battle of the Atlantic. Of course the problem is that this cost you in the long run, due to the plane’s invaluable defensive and offensive firepower.

Suggested Topics

Axis & Allies Boardgaming Custom Painted Miniatures

Users

Topics

1.7m