July 25, 2016, 06:34:23 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: Help support TripleA software development. Search me
  Articles  
   Home   Help Login Register AACalc  
Pages: 1
  Print  
Author Topic: Unload All Transports? Command Decision vs Airfields?  (Read 149 times)
SundownKid
A&A.org New Conscript

View Profile
« on: July 15, 2016, 04:15:15 pm »

A&A Guadalcanal:

1) Combat Phase: Unload Transports/Destroyers- Must all units be unloaded, or can you maintain loaded ships?

2) Advantage Token: Quick Drop- Must all units in the sea zone be unloaded?

3) Advantage Token: Command Decision- Applies to Airfield attacks too? Unattended transports? (2 attacks on stuff that can't shoot back)

Seems that rules allow for not all transports being unloaded. And I think this works for feints, allows for "oh sh*t" moments, so, interesting. And between rules and other Krieghund responses on forum, I kinda think attacking Airfields with CD is likely considered cricket as well. ? Viscious! Wonder your thoughts. Thanks!

btw, I love A&AGC. More props to Larry & co for this one. I see it getting plenty of flack (along with other beloved BotB) and just want to do my small part to tip scale the other way. Thanks for a great game, guys! And thanks to forum members too. I do extend victory points to minimum of 30 and then you gotta win by 5. It's too much of a sprint for me to 15; it's just getting meaty at that point! But otherwise OOB plays great for me (with advantage tokens!). But, then, I tend to love the drama of the dice! smiley

Krieghund
A&A.org Battleship

A&A Developer and Playtester

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: July 17, 2016, 05:22:51 am »

A&A Guadalcanal:

1) Combat Phase: Unload Transports/Destroyers- Must all units be unloaded, or can you maintain loaded ships?

You don't have to unload them if you don't want to.

2) Advantage Token: Quick Drop- Must all units in the sea zone be unloaded?

No.

3) Advantage Token: Command Decision- Applies to Airfield attacks too? Unattended transports? (2 attacks on stuff that can't shoot back)

It applies to everything in the chosen step, including airfields.

Seems that rules allow for not all transports being unloaded. And I think this works for feints, allows for "oh sh*t" moments, so, interesting. And between rules and other Krieghund responses on forum, I kinda think attacking Airfields with CD is likely considered cricket as well. ? Viscious! Wonder your thoughts. Thanks!

btw, I love A&AGC. More props to Larry & co for this one. I see it getting plenty of flack (along with other beloved BotB) and just want to do my small part to tip scale the other way. Thanks for a great game, guys! And thanks to forum members too. I do extend victory points to minimum of 30 and then you gotta win by 5. It's too much of a sprint for me to 15; it's just getting meaty at that point! But otherwise OOB plays great for me (with advantage tokens!). But, then, I tend to love the drama of the dice! smiley

We're glad you're enjoying it!
Pages: 1
  Print  

Jump to:  

2016 Support Drive

Read about this support drive.
Support Level
Forum Username
Note: payee will appear as Livid Labs, LLC.
Buy Axis & Allies
  • Axis & Allies 1942 [Amazon]
  • A&A Pacific 1940 [Amazon]
  • A&A Europe 1940 [FMG]
  • [eBay]
  • [eBay]
  • A&A D-Day [Amazon]
  • A&A Battle of the Bulge [Amazon]
  • [eBay]
  • [eBay]
  • WWII Themed Combat Dice [FMG]

Axis and Allies.org Official Gold Sponsor: Field Marshal Games