• I have to admit, the one thing I hate about the game is the rulebook. It left me with more questions than answers.

1. Can someone explain to me how battles work? For example, Germany attacks Russia in Poland. German has 12 infantry and 2 art. For this purpose, Russia has the same units. Germany loses 6 infantry, Russia loses 4. Now on Russians turn are they attacking the Germans? Or defend at 3? The rules are so unclear.

2. If you move through (not ending your turn on a port) “minefields” do you have roll to see if your ships get hit?

3. How does the US ever get planes over to mainland Europe. Planes only move 2 spaces. Is plane movement like the original WWII Axis and Allies?

4. How does the non-combat move work?

Someone please clarify before I start the game and mess up.

• @goalievogel:

I have to admit, the one thing I hate about the game is the rulebook. It left me with more questions than answers.

1. Can someone explain to me how battles work? For example, Germany attacks Russia in Poland. German has 12 infantry and 2 art. For this purpose, Russia has the same units. Germany loses 6 infantry, Russia loses 4. Now on Russians turn are they attacking the Germans? Or defend at 3? The rules are so unclear.

2. If you move through (not ending your turn on a port) “minefields” do you have roll to see if your ships get hit?

3. How does the US ever get planes over to mainland Europe. Planes only move 2 spaces. Is plane movement like the original WWII Axis and Allies?

4. How does the non-combat move work?

Someone please clarify before I start the game and mess up.

1. On Russia’s turn they can attack the Germans or choose to not fight and stay put
    2. Yes if you move through enemy minefields you have to roll for mines
    3. transports can hold any two units - including plaes
    4. there is no non-combat

in the future you can post questions in the “FAQ” thread

• How do units move from space to space without a non-combat phase? Sorry, I never saw the FAQ!

1. Can the Russians that were being attacked retreat from the territory? Or do they have to stay put?

• Customizer

In the future I suggest you actually read the rulebook first. Solve a lot of your problems.

• @goalievogel:

How do units move from space to space without a non-combat phase? Sorry, I never saw the FAQ!

1. Can the Russians that were being attacked retreat from the territory? Or do they have to stay put?

They can retreat if they want, they can stay put and do nothing, or they can attack.

The FAQ is the thread at the top of the A&A1914 forums. It’s blue, I think.

• @goalievogel:

How do units move from space to space without a non-combat phase? Sorry, I never saw the FAQ!

There are fewer phases in this game.

Purchase
    Move
    Combat
    Deploy purchases

Naval changes things up a little, and Air power adds in some twists, but in general that’s all there is.
    You cannot retreat after combat (in the same turn) as there is no non-combat movement phase.  You have to wait until your next movement turn to retreat any of your land based units (including fighters).

All of these rules are very well spelled out in the book (minefields, movement, transports + planes, etc) though it MAY require 2 or more readings to understand how they all interact as not everything is laid out in a simple format.

Suggested Topics

Axis & Allies Boardgaming Custom Painted Miniatures

Users

Topics

1.7m