Global 2nd edition Q+A ( AAG40.2)

• Only post 2nd edition rules questions and answers here.

Moderator’s edit: replaced “FAQ” with “Q+A”

• Sponsor

What is the G40.2 set up in Egypt?

• NOs for Global '40.2  (from Robbie358)

Germany-
    5 IPCs for not being at war with USSR
    5 IPCs per territory if Germany controls Leningrad, Stalingrad, and/or Moscow
    5 IPCs if the Axis control Caucasus (if at Germany is at war with USSR)
    5 IPCs for any German land unit in Egypt
    5 IPCs for controlling Denmark and Norway with Sweden neutral, pro-Axis, or Axis-controlled
    2 IPCs per territory if Germany controls Iraq, Persia, and/or Northwest Persia

USSR-
    5 IPCs if at war with Germany or Italy, SZ125 is clear of Axis warships, Archangel is USSR controlled, and no other Allies in the Soviet Union
    3 IPCs for each German, Italian, or pro-Axis neutral territory the USSR controls
    10 IPCs the first time USSR controls Berlin

Japan-
    10 IPCs for not at war with USA and not invaded French Indo-China
    5 IPCs for Axis control of Guam, Midway, Wake, Gilbert’s, and Solomons
    5 IPCs per territory for Axis control of Calcutta, Sydney, Honolulu, and/or San Francisco
    5 IPCs for Axis control of Sumatra, Java, Borneo, and Celebes

USA-
    10 IPCs if at war and control of East, Central, and West USA
    5 IPCs if at war and control of Alaska, Aleutians, Hawaii, Johnston, and Line
    5 IPCS if at war and control of Mexico, SE Mexico, Central America, and West Indies
    5 IPCs if at war and control of the Philippines
    5 IPCS if at war and has one land unit in Paris

China-
    6 IPCs if Allies control India, Burma, Yunnan, and Szechuan

UK (Europe)-
    5 IPCs if UK controls all original UK territories on the Europe map

UK (Pacific)-
    5 IPCs if at war with Japan and UK controls Kwangtung and Malaya

Italy-
    5 IPCs if Axis control 3 of Gibraltar, Southern France, Greece, and Egypt
    5 IPCS if no Allied surface warships in SZ 92-99
    5 IPCS if Axis control Morocco, Algeria, Tunisia, Libya, Tobruk, and Alexandria
    2 IPCs per territory if Italy controls Iraq, Persia, and/or Northwest Persia

ANZAC-
    5 IPCs if at war with Japan, the Allies control Malaya, and ANZAC controls all its original territories
    5 IPCs if at war with Japan and if the Allies (not the Dutch) control Dutch New Guinea, New Britain, New Guinea, and the Solomons

France gets 12 IPCs to spend immediately upon liberation

NOs for Pacific '40.2

Japan-
    10 IPCs for not at war with USA and not attacking French Indo-China
    5 IPCs if Japan controls Guam, Midway, Wake, Gilberts, and Solomons
    5 IPCs per territory if Japan controls Calcutta, Sydney, Honolulu, and/or San Francisco
    5 IPCs if Japan controls Sumatra, Java, Borneo, and CeleBEEs

USA-
    30 IPCs if at war and control of West USA
    5 IPCs if at war and control of Alaska and Mexico
    5 IPCs if at war and control of Aleutians, Hawaii, Johnston, and Line
    5 IPCs if at war and control of Philippines

China-
    6 IPCs if the Allies control India, Burma, Yunnan, and Szechwan

UK-
    5 IPCs if at war and controls Kwangtung and Malaya

ANZAC-
    5 IPCs if at war, Allies control Malaya, and ANZAC controls all its original territories
    5 IPCs if at war and the Allies (not the Dutch) control Dutch New Guinea, New Britain, New Guinea, and the Solomons

• Thank you. Wanted to know about US.
    Need to know Europe map US at war bonus now.

• @wittmann:

Thank you. Wanted to know about US.

Located here:  http://www.axisandallies.org/forums/index.php?topic=28424.0

• @kcdzim:

@wittmann:

Thank you. Wanted to know about US.

Located here:  http://www.axisandallies.org/forums/index.php?topic=28424.0

Very helpful, thanks!

• '22 '19 '18

I have two quick questions:
    1. Can America go for tech before they are at war?
    2. Can France declare war on Japan at any time and does that affect any other nation or bonus?

• I have two quick questions:
    1. Can America go for tech before they are at war?
    2. Can France declare war on Japan at any time and does that affect any other nation or bonus?

1, yes remember they have less income before at war and tech is optional rule only
    2, no

• Q1 European Rulebook p. 10 and 37: The US may declare war at the beginning of their Collect Income phase of the 3rd turn.
    So can they then collect 25 IPCs bonus for their national objective on their 3rd turn, during that same collect income phase.

Q2 ER p. 34: The Great Britain European economy collects IPCs for all territories on the Europe map, except it gets Western Canada (1) and the pacific economy gets West India (2).  We have enough players that 1 just plays Euro-UK, the other just plays Pac-UK.
    So I assume that the pacific UK player controls the infantry in West India.
    If the Pac-UK player hops an infantry on to transport in sea zone 39 and lands him in Persia, who controls those activated infantry, and more importantly, who gets the 2 IPCs?  Or if Pac-UK conquers Ethiopia or Iraq, who gets the IPCs?

• Official Q&A

@cond1024:

It can, and it does not.

@Barindo:

Q1 European Rulebook p. 10 and 37: The US may declare war at the beginning of their Collect Income phase of the 3rd turn.
    So can they then collect 25 IPCs bonus for their national objective on their 3rd turn, during that same collect income phase.

Yes.

• @Imperious:

http://www.axisandallies.org/resources-downloads/setup-chart-for-axis-allies-europe-1940-second-edition/

http://www.axisandallies.org/resources-downloads/setup-chart-for-axis-allies-pacific-1940-second-edition/

I haven’t seen any traffic on this (but I probably missed it) but there are a few errors in the above links.  I discovered this while setting up our first Global game in a long time.

The following items are not included in the typed out list, but do appear on the box tops:

For the Japanese:
    JAPAN - 2 Strategic Bombers, Air Base, Naval Base, Major Industrial Complex
    MANCHURIA - 2 Tactical Bombers

For the Chinese:
    KWEICHOW - 2 Infantry

That is all.  Carry on.

-Boxcars

• According to the new rules, does the US start with minor or major industrial complexes for Global 1940 2nd ed?

• @ryguy:

According to the new rules, does the US start with minor or major industrial complexes for Global 1940 2nd ed?

Minor for Global (revisions to the setup and rules for Global are located in the rule book).  Major for Europe only - which is the setup printed on the boxes.

• While looking up if moving the surviving UK fleet to SZ 109 would stop the convoy disruption from 2 subs that sank the destroyer and transport there on G1, I noticed a misprint in the Europe Rulebook, page 24.  The 2nd exhibit says the UK sub in SZ 97 would cost Italy 2 IPCs and could cost Germany 2 IPCs if still there on Germany’s turn.  Isn’t that the old rules and it should now say the sub gets to roll 2 dice on both the Italian’s and German’s turn?

The rules just say a hostile warship has to be in the sea zone to disrupt convoys, even if friendly ships are sharing the location.  So even if I combat move a cruiser and battleship in from SZ 110 and the subs submerge, and then build a destroyer on top of them, those pesky subs still get to drain my income.  :-(

If anyone can point out how to counter that on UK1, please let me know.  I also had 2 more subs doing the same thing in SZ 106.

• @Barindo:

While looking up if moving the surviving UK fleet to SZ 109 would stop the convoy disruption from 2 subs that sank the destroyer and transport there on G1, I noticed a misprint in the Europe Rulebook, page 24.  The 2nd exhibit says the UK sub in SZ 97 would cost Italy 2 IPCs and could cost Germany 2 IPCs if still there on Germany’s turn.  Isn’t that the old rules and it should now say the sub gets to roll 2 dice on both the Italian’s and German’s turn?

Does convoy disruption in Global 2ndEd. really differ from latest Alpha3?

• lone sub vs loaded cvs, what happens to the fighters?

say fighters stretch their max distance to partake in a naval battle. What happens if the attacker retreats? Can the fighters land on a cv? Or do they die automatically?

• Liaison TripleA '11 '10

the fighters die if they have no valid landing space.

If you retreat, and they used 4 movement to get to the seazone of battle.  They die.

Subs ONLY fight the carrier, if the carrier gets hit, or sunk, the fighters must have a space to land at withing 1 space, if not. they die too.

• Thanks, just wanted to confirm.

• '22 '19 '18

Question regarding UK building bases.
    1. Can UK London build naval bases for the pacific side and vice versa?
    2. Can the two UK economies split the cost for bases, say 8 from London and 7 from Calcutta?

Suggested Topics

Axis & Allies Boardgaming Custom Painted Miniatures

Users

Topics

1.7m