WELCOME TO THE SIGN UP FOR GARGANTUA'S TOURNAMENT OF EXTRA DEATH AND PAIN
To begin, let me explain to you the purpose of the tournament
and why I've sponsored it. Because there is a purpose, and you all deserve to know about it, and each of you
should consider yourself part of the mission
1. To Promote TripleA
, and get users who are unfamiliar with it, or new to it, teamed up with people who do use it, to encourage growth in the community of the game via TripleA.
2. To encourage members of the community to seek out other members
that they have NEVER partnered themselves with, or don't know anything about, so that the community grows, understands each other better, and is forced to get along
. I am counting on each of you, to work hard, and find a partner you don't know anything about, or who hasn't played online, and twist thier arm into joining you. DO IT.
That means If you are reading this, and have never played online, consider this your DRAFT NOTICE
. I will be sending PM's to Random people, and encourage them to come here. If that's you, you can POST IN THIS THREAD if you are looking for a teammate, but feel free to try the PM route.
3. To turn the bystanders that simply READ these forums, into warlusting axis and allies championship contenders.
And get more people playing the game here.
The target will be 16 teams. But we'll see how many we get.
All that said... let me begin in explaining, how this tournament is going to be run
1. Garg is in charge, and is the sole administrator for resolving game conflicts (So get the F along), if tournament rules need to be clarifiied, or you have questions, comments, or suggesstions, direct them to ME.
2. ALL GAMES will be TripleA version 18.104.22.168 PBF - or Live Game (But you must atleast upload a save file to a thread)
- All Games will be TEAM vs TEAM
That's either 2 OR 3 players per team, no larger.
- All Games will be 1940 GLOBAL ALPHA 3.9+ NO BID
. Side will be determined by a die roll.
- TECH IS OPTIONAL, both sides must agree, (Though I'm not 100% certain it is working yet)
3. TOURNAMENT IS DOUBLE ELIMINATION
That means you would have to lose TWICE before you are out.
4. WINNER takes home $200 (Or possibly more), Payment will be in USD, sent via Paypal, or Western Union. You can split your winnings, donate them to AA.org, or the team leader can just take it all and backstab his team mates.
5. Regular Tournament concepts and common sense, like being courteous, and posting regularily etc APPLY, and are submit to my whim and wrath as previously explained in rule # 1.
6. This is the MOST IMPORTANT RULE. In order to have a team that qualifies, atleast 1
player on the team, MUST BE NEW TO TRIPLEA.
And must be someone you don't know in real life
. You can demonstrate this by just telling me the truth, and making appropriate attempts to meet and draft new axis and allies players. You must also name your team. You can't be on more than one team, and no "making new accounts" for multiple entries.7. for the purpose of entertainment, gargantua reserves the right, once per PBF game, at any time, to add a single unit, piece or facilitiy to the board, for one - or both sides. gargantua also reserves the right to change players on a team at the start of a new game. Part of winning this tournament, includes surviving ME.
If you don't have tripleA, read this information below.TRIPLEA WITH ALL MAPS ALREADY INSTALLED - IS AVAILABLE VIA DOWNLOAD HERE - RIGHT NOW |
\ /FOR MACINTOSHhttp://sourceforge.net/projects/tripleamaps/files/TripleA/stable/1_5_2_1_bundled/triplea_1_5_2_1_mac.dmgFOR WINDOWShttp://sourceforge.net/projects/tripleamaps/files/TripleA/stable/1_5_2_1_bundled/triplea_1_5_2_1_windows_installer_with_java.exe
IF you need a linux install, I have one available.