• Has the alpha +.2 rules/setup changed the attractiveness of a Sealion?

Is it even possible now?

What will be the likely costs of a Sealion?

Will a Sealion make Germany to weak to be succesful against Russia?

Give your opinions to these questions :)

• There are at least four changes in Alpha+2 that make it more attractive:

1. New National objective for Germany for controlling London

2. The UK fighters are more likely to take damage on G1 as they can now scramble

3. The Germans are generally stronger compared to the Russians

4. The Middle Eastern oil field goals may also make it more attractive, as taking the UK production in SA out the African equation makes it much more doable for the Italians to obtain the Middle Eastern oil fields.

I’m not sure how the new setup affects the level of commitment needed from the Germans to pull Sea Lion off and the timing of the operation. That is obvioulsly a major deciding factor in the answer of your question.

• Official Q&A

@ozimek1:

Given the other changes, would you recommend the removal of this NO?

• @Krieghund:

@ozimek1:

I think it is a nice bonus, but havent played A+2 yet, so cannot give any balance comment, regarding this NO. But overall I very much like the A+2 NO’s! Especially the ones regarding the middle east :)

• @Krieghund:

@ozimek1:

I didn’t mean to imply, that it was too attractive or anything. Especially since I didn’t include the starting setup in the analysis.

I haven’t played enough of Europe yet to have an oppinion yet. Also in my play group no one has the balls for Sea Lion  :|

• @Krieghund:

@ozimek1:

Yes I would indeed, sir. It should be possible for Germany to conquer London, but they should not be rewardet with a 10 IPC NO for doing it. Kind of like it should be possible to conquer Spain too, but nobody should get a 10 IPC NO for doing it. The German goal always was to move east. There they would find lots of oil, fame, rich fields of agriculture and slaves to do the boring jobs. Stuff that justifie a 10 IPC NO more than fog and savage Irish rebells, in the case of taking London.

Suggested Topics

Axis & Allies Boardgaming Custom Painted Miniatures

Users

Topics

1.7m